• Create Account

FREE SOFTWARE GIVEAWAY

We have 4 x Pro Licences (valued at $59 each) for 2d modular animation software Spriter to give away in this Thursday's GDNet Direct email newsletter.

Read more in this forum topic or make sure you're signed up (from the right-hand sidebar on the homepage) and read Thursday's newsletter to get in the running!

Anyone else freaked out by the photos?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
30 replies to this topic

#1 Aardvajk   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 6239

Posted 19 January 2011 - 11:28 AM

Man. This guy looks like he's going to sneak into my house and kill me:

http://www.gamedev.net/user/43813-ultimax/

GDNet has got too personal IMHO.

Sponsor:

#2 Nanoha   Members   -  Reputation: 300

Posted 19 January 2011 - 11:40 AM

I don't mind profile pics. I wouldn't use one myself but I think its nice to put a face to the name sometimes.

#3 zer0wolf   Members   -  Reputation: 1018

Posted 19 January 2011 - 01:36 PM

Anyone else freaked out by the photos?

I would be if your mom was on here.....

..... oooohhh ..... burn!

laziness is the foundation of efficiency | www.AdrianWalker.info | Adventures in Game Production | @zer0wolf - Twitter

#4 Zipster   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 881

Posted 19 January 2011 - 01:42 PM

Well now that you called him out, he has to sneak into your house and kill you.

#5 way2lazy2care   Members   -  Reputation: 782

Posted 19 January 2011 - 02:56 PM

http://www.gamedev.n.../43813-ultimax/

GDNet has got too personal IMHO.

He doesn't look like a sneaker... he looks more like the type to put on some leather gloves, walk right through the front door, and kill you.

#6 UltimaX   Members   -  Reputation: 467

Posted 19 January 2011 - 03:09 PM

It's gotten too personal because I'm showing a picture of myself? I like to stay professional as I think most should. Would you rather I post some funny avatar that people have seen a million times on the Internet or post something that makes no sense at all? Also, what makes you think I'm a killer? It's getting personal because people are making it personal (aka like this thread). I have always thought of this website as a professional place where actual professionals frequent; perhaps I was mistaken?

P.S. I just got a new pair of gloves; I'll see you tonight B)

#7 nilkn   Members   -  Reputation: 960

Posted 19 January 2011 - 03:10 PM

Honestly, if seeing a human face while browsing this forum gives you the creeps, how do you ever manage to walk outside in the real world?

Besides, professional relationships always have some personal element. Do you think people wear paper bags over their heads in business meetings? Do your professors, who might answer the same types of questions asked here, hide their faces from their students?

#8 rip-off   Moderators   -  Reputation: 8762

Posted 19 January 2011 - 03:22 PM

I find it weird to see the face behind some of the people who I recognise. It is odd to see how your expectations of age etc can be so very, very wrong.

@UltimaX I wouldn't dwell on it, it might just be the hitman costume =]

#9 Aardvajk   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 6239

Posted 19 January 2011 - 03:36 PM

Sorry.

#10 szecs   Members   -  Reputation: 2185

Posted 19 January 2011 - 04:04 PM

Mooooooooooo!!

Anyhoo, I have a face too which you are all very curious about, I know.
But I'm not a professional in programming, so you have to deal with my high-art cow.

#11 way2lazy2care   Members   -  Reputation: 782

Posted 19 January 2011 - 04:30 PM

Would you rather I post some funny avatar that people have seen a million times on the Internet or post something that makes no sense at all?

I think generic avatars suck, but there are some avatars that aren't pictures that might express personality a lot better than a facial picture might. I think as long as it displays your personality in an accurate fashion it doesn't matter so much what it is.

Honestly, if seeing a human face while browsing this forum gives you the creeps, how do you ever manage to walk outside in the real world?

You mean like STV or the plaguelands?

#12 MrDaaark   Members   -  Reputation: 3555

Posted 19 January 2011 - 04:38 PM

Don't worry. With an old thread as my citation, a lot of posters here don't even think they need deodorant.

UltimaX, I hope your photo continues to get more and more 'creepy'. Your next should be a gloved hand around a neck.

<--I'm using the Black Sabbath logo btw, I've always liked it.

#13 Gaiiden   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 5276

Posted 19 January 2011 - 05:30 PM

Hey think of the upside - no more Post Your Picture threads!!!

(yea right)

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

#14 SiCrane   Moderators   -  Reputation: 9673

Posted 19 January 2011 - 05:55 PM

Those weren't all bad. There was that cool one where everyone got sketched versions of themselves.

#15 Sirisian   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1793

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:10 PM

I like that you can have an avatar picture and then a profile picture. I have my profile picture as my real picture and then just my logo for my avatar which works well. It is fun to see what people look like. Though I've seen what most people look like because of IRC photos.

Spoiler

#16 owl   Banned   -  Reputation: 364

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:20 PM

Nah. He'd just probably cast you the news or the weather.

Btw, didn't I tell you to take your pills? :)
I like the Walrus best.

#17 DWN   Members   -  Reputation: 100

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:20 PM

Aard, didn't you post a picture of a cyst not too long ago? :P

#18 Pete Michaud   Members   -  Reputation: 137

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:41 PM

There's something amusing about picturing a quintessential geek finding pictures of people online being too personal 8)

#19 SteveDeFacto   Banned   -  Reputation: 109

Posted 19 January 2011 - 07:02 PM

I uploaded a picture of myself to be more professional. What do you guys think?

#20 Sneftel   Senior Moderators   -  Reputation: 1781

Posted 19 January 2011 - 07:46 PM

Also, what makes you think I'm a killer?

Well, you kinda look like Jason Statham, and that dude has quite the body count.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS