• Create Account

Banner advertising on our site currently available from just $5!

1. Learn about the promo. 2. Sign up for GDNet+. 3. Set up your advert!

Rift

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
26 replies to this topic

#21 Ravuya   Moderators   -  Reputation: 129

Posted 23 January 2011 - 11:32 AM

Is this modeled after the Palladium paper-and-pencil RPG, RIFTS? http://www.palladium...hatIsRifts.html

I sure hope not. From what I remember of playing RIFTS in high school the game is basically a runaway experiment in how big of a number we can generate. The game actually metricated hitpoints, to the point where stuff causes "mega damage" and "giga damage" and various entities in the world exhibit world-ending amounts of damage as a basic attack as a result.

The reason I hope it's not becoming an MMO is because it'd probably be 64-bit only. Posted Image

Sponsor:

#22 zer0wolf   Members   -  Reputation: 1018

Posted 24 January 2011 - 12:24 PM

The reason I hope it's not becoming an MMO is because it'd probably be 64-bit only. Posted Image

More bits equals better, am I right? Posted Image
laziness is the foundation of efficiency | www.AdrianWalker.info | Adventures in Game Production | @zer0wolf - Twitter

#23 way2lazy2care   Members   -  Reputation: 782

Posted 24 January 2011 - 01:04 PM

More bits equals better, am I right? Posted Image

how else is he supposed to do world ending giga-damage without the extra bits?

#24 CyberSlag5k   Members   -  Reputation: 514

Posted 24 January 2011 - 05:44 PM

The last key is depleted. Here are some more

KRCK-RQGC-XGGC-CF9D-GZC3
X6M7-KTWD-PGNZ-279J-NQJQ
XJMD-EPTQ-P277-9WCZ-E6HH

Get them while last! Beta 5 starts tomorrow at 1pm.
Without order nothing can exist - without chaos nothing can evolve.

#25 CyberSlag5k   Members   -  Reputation: 514

Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:30 AM

So 3 weeks and 2 betas later, how is everyone feeling about the game? Here are my thoughts on beta 5 and beta 6. There have been many great changes in the past few weeks. I can't wait for the head start!

Also, for anyone that doesn't know, the open beta starts today. You can sign up here.
Without order nothing can exist - without chaos nothing can evolve.

#26 way2lazy2care   Members   -  Reputation: 782

Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:52 AM

I am "in" the open beta, but I haven't downloaded it because I am unsure it will work on my computer. I suppose I will give it a try tonight.

#27 GameCreator   Members   -  Reputation: 831

Posted 16 February 2011 - 04:38 PM

Maybe it's the Street Fighter player in me but the combat looks incredibly boring. [video]

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS