• Create Account

Cannot upload to marketplace from Mexico?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 Luis López Malo   Members   -  Reputation: 100

0Likes

Posted 25 January 2011 - 05:41 PM

Hi, I'm from Mexico and I have been looking for something like this workshop for a long time, thanks for taking the time to do this!

About my question... I have read the steps on how to deploy and test a Xbox360 game in the console, but that made me ask myself if I could deploy my game in the xbox marketplace in the end, so It led me to the App Hub faq. Mexico is listed in the supported countries for Windows Phone 7 apps but is not for Xbox360 games, my question is if someone know a way for me to be able to deploy my game in the marketplace?

Thanks,
Luis

Sponsor:

#2 JWalsh   Moderators   -  Reputation: 462

0Likes

Posted 25 January 2011 - 06:53 PM

Hi, I'm from Mexico and I have been looking for something like this workshop for a long time, thanks for taking the time to do this!

About my question... I have read the steps on how to deploy and test a Xbox360 game in the console, but that made me ask myself if I could deploy my game in the xbox marketplace in the end, so It led me to the App Hub faq. Mexico is listed in the supported countries for Windows Phone 7 apps but is not for Xbox360 games, my question is if someone know a way for me to be able to deploy my game in the marketplace?

Thanks,
Luis

Hi Luis,

It doesn't look like Mexico supports submitting games to XBLIG currently. On the FAQ, as you pointed out, it's not listed among the companies that can download XBLIG, nor is it listed in the section where it describes the currency which will be paid to developers from the different countries. I did however note that it says the following towards the bottom:

Why don't I see an App Hub membership offeredto me?
If you don't see an offer for App Hub membership, it could be you live in a country that doesn't offer that service currently. The list of countries that the App Hub is currently offered in is Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, United Kingdom, United States.

This implies that you should be able to get an AppHub members, though I'm not sure what benefit and AppHub membership would be if you're unable to publish games to XBLIG.

I wish I had better news, but at this point it looks like you may have to target WinPhone 7 and set Xbox 360 development aside.
Jeromy Walsh
Sr. Tools & Engine Programmer | Software Engineer
Microsoft Windows Phone Team
GameDevelopedia.com - Blog & Tutorials
GDNet Mentoring: XNA Workshop | C# Workshop | C++ Workshop
"The question is not how far, the question is do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as is needed?" - Il Duche, Boondock Saints

#3 Machaira   Moderators   -  Reputation: 1028

0Likes

Posted 26 January 2011 - 09:08 AM

I wish I had better news, but at this point it looks like you may have to target WinPhone 7 and PC and set Xbox 360 development aside.

Fixed that for you. Posted Image
Microsoft XNA MVP | Check out my blog for random ramblings on XNA game development

#4 Luis López Malo   Members   -  Reputation: 100

0Likes

Posted 26 January 2011 - 09:42 AM

Well thanks, as Machaira added I think I will have to focus developing only for WinPhone 7 and PC.

I think the AppHub membership for Mexico is only applied for WinPhone 7 apps, I don't know what makes the difference for the Xbox not being supported but I hope they add it soon.

Thanks!

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS