• Create Account

Any model-to-model attachment position..

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 HellRiZZer   Members   -  Reputation: 308

Posted 02 September 2001 - 01:11 PM

I''ve been wandering how to attach one model to another (for example, md2).. In Q1/Q2 etc they have models of players /models of weapons, and model/weapon is the part I''m interested in. How to determine the place where to attach a model and how (somehow) make them move independantly like turrets on Homeworld''s ships... Please help, its very important for me, or at least show the link to similar resource/question..

Sponsor:

#2 Anonymous Poster_Anonymous Poster_*   Guests   -  Reputation:

Posted 04 September 2001 - 10:16 AM

the only reason i reply is that ill get the problem myself! in a model, you just need to specifiy the point where to attach an the direction! the attachment uses the models matrix, transformed by the attaching coordinates! hope you know what i mean! to let these turrets rotate, rotate them after the ai calculus! include that rotation to the attachment matrix so youll finaly get: model-matrix*attachmentposmatrix*aigenerated rotation! hope this helps!

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS