• Create Account

Racism on front page?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

#1 Fl4sh   Banned   -  Reputation: 30

Posted 30 January 2011 - 03:47 PM

I wanted to visit this website to see how the XNA workshop is coming along. Little did I know the shock I would recieve after viewing the front page. There is a racist remark in plain view. Given the tons of children that visit this site, it's ridiculous. Is this the path this site is taking? If so, I won't be a part of it.

I could never get used to the lighter skins that the site has tended towards in recent years.

Posted Image
They hated on Jeezus, so you think I give a f***?!

Sponsor:

#2 Antheus   Members   -  Reputation: 2397

Posted 30 January 2011 - 03:50 PM

Given the tons of children that visit this site

Won't someone think of the children!!!!

Ever heard of Rorschach test? Now go back and reread the original submission again.

#3 owl   Banned   -  Reputation: 364

Posted 30 January 2011 - 03:50 PM

Deep inside, all asses are quite brown.
I like the Walrus best.

#4 Servant of the Lord   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 19556

Posted 30 January 2011 - 04:22 PM

I wanted to visit this website to see how the XNA workshop is coming along. Little did I know the shock I would recieve after viewing the front page. There is a racist remark in plain view. Given the tons of children that visit this site, it's ridiculous. Is this the path this site is taking? If so, I won't be a part of it.

I could never get used to the lighter skins that the site has tended towards in recent years.

I assume you are kidding, but since you've only been here for half a year, and no doubt just drop in every once and a while, I invite you to read that comment in context and see for yourself that the user is absolutely not talking about lighter skins of ale, and thus, not racially neglecting Ireland's heavy but fine meads.

Read the post in question, however, to get greater clarity before coming to a conclusion.
It's perfectly fine to abbreviate my username to 'Servant' rather than copy+pasting it all the time.
All glory be to the Man at the right hand... On David's throne the King will reign, and the Government will rest upon His shoulders. All the earth will see the salvation of God.
Of Stranger Flames - [indie turn-based rpg set in a para-historical French colony] | Indie RPG development journal

[Fly with me on Twitter] [Google+] [My broken website]

[Need web hosting? I personally like A Small Orange]

#5 Madhed   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2974

Posted 30 January 2011 - 05:37 PM

I think Gamedev.net is a pretty cool guy. eh scares tons of children and doesnt afraid of anything.

#6 Hodgman   Moderators   -  Reputation: 30385

Posted 30 January 2011 - 05:52 PM

Posted Image

#7 CRYP7IK   Members   -  Reputation: 940

Posted 30 January 2011 - 06:01 PM

Excellent journalism skills!

Eye catching title: 100%
Appropriately taken things out of context: 100%
Length of article: 20%

Would have been a D if you went on about how the united nations should shutdown gamedev.net because of this terrible racist comment against white people.

Credit.

-

(Yes I know it's all a joke, and so is this)
To accomplish great things we must first dream, then visualize, then plan...believe... act! - Alfred A. Montapert
Gold Coast Studio Manager, Lead Programmer and IT Admin at Valhalla Studios Bifrost.

#8 Oberon_Command   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1899

Posted 30 January 2011 - 09:39 PM

Why is it that we only ever hear/raise a fuss about white people being racist?

(this IS a joke thread, right?)

#9 Hodgman   Moderators   -  Reputation: 30385

Posted 30 January 2011 - 09:45 PM

Posted Image

#10 irreversible   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1347

Posted 30 January 2011 - 09:52 PM

Speaking of racism, personally I find this guy and this dude incredibly cynical. I mean, I can totally understand why Britain was in such a hurry to get rid of the previous PM.

PS - and this guy is just plain old racist.

And this bitch? I mean, WTF!

#11 Tachikoma   Members   -  Reputation: 552

Posted 31 January 2011 - 04:07 AM

And would you believe it, there is an entire British comedy show devoted to making a mockery of selected native American Indians suffering from dwarfism.
Latest project: Sideways Racing on the iPad

#12 mikeman   Members   -  Reputation: 2226

Posted 31 January 2011 - 05:44 AM

Posted Image

#13 irreversible   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1347

Posted 31 January 2011 - 05:48 AM

And would you believe it, there is an entire British comedy show devoted to making a mockery of selected native American Indians suffering from dwarfism.

My god - that is so racist.

#14 ChurchSkiz   Members   -  Reputation: 449

Posted 31 January 2011 - 06:07 AM

Posted Image

#15 way2lazy2care   Members   -  Reputation: 782

Posted 31 January 2011 - 08:08 AM

What about sunburned Caucasian dwarfs?

#16 Tachikoma   Members   -  Reputation: 552

Posted 31 January 2011 - 08:49 AM

That is a possibility... pasty poms do get sun-raped easily. ;)
Latest project: Sideways Racing on the iPad

#17 Erik Rufelt   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3479

Posted 31 January 2011 - 09:03 AM

It's all a misunderstanding, this guy will explain everything:

#18 irreversible   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1347

Posted 31 January 2011 - 10:36 AM

It's all a misunderstanding, this guy will explain everything: http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

That's right! Readin' is f'r queers!

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS