• Create Account

Interested in a FREE copy of HTML5 game maker Construct 2?

We'll be giving away three Personal Edition licences in next Tuesday's GDNet Direct email newsletter!

Sign up from the right-hand sidebar on our homepage and read Tuesday's newsletter for details!

Can't see very well?...

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
15 replies to this topic

#1 SteveDeFacto   Banned   -  Reputation: 109

Posted 01 February 2011 - 03:48 AM

I got into an argument with my supervisor and it was basically just a heated yelling competition. I felt funny after but I kept working. During the drive home I noticed that my vision was very bad. I've been home for a few hours now and it has not gotten any better... Any idea what it could be?

Sponsor:

#2 Tachikoma   Members   -  Reputation: 552

Posted 01 February 2011 - 04:39 AM

Blood pressure? Dehydration? Irritation of the eyes? Diabetes? (The last one would be very serious.)
Latest project: Sideways Racing on the iPad

#3 mikeman   Members   -  Reputation: 2247

Posted 01 February 2011 - 04:40 AM

Intense headache maybe? Are you overweight? In addition to what Tachikoma said.

#4 SteveDeFacto   Banned   -  Reputation: 109

Posted 01 February 2011 - 07:22 AM

Went to sleep and woke up a couple hours later. My vision is better now but I feel like I'm in the middle of a bad hang over... Also I'm not really fat though I could stand to lose 10-20 pounds.

#5 way2lazy2care   Members   -  Reputation: 782

Posted 01 February 2011 - 07:29 AM

Went to sleep and woke up a couple hours later. My vision is better now but I feel like I'm in the middle of a bad hang over... Also I'm not really fat though I could stand to lose 10-20 pounds.

BEARING IN MIND THAT I AM NOT A DOCTOR

It could be dehydration/blood pressure then. Dehydration will give you higher blood pressure, and if you are very dehydrated you can get severe headaches (similar to a hangover). The headaches most people get when hung over are actually because they are severely dehydrated. ELECTROLYTES.

#6 ChurchSkiz   Members   -  Reputation: 454

Posted 01 February 2011 - 07:47 AM

Pretty sure you have aids. possibly super aids. I'd blow all your money on booze and drugs while you still can...

#7 Demosthenes   Members   -  Reputation: 1033

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:52 AM

On the grim side, you could have had a small aneurysm... Go see a doctor.

#8 liquidAir   Members   -  Reputation: 313

Posted 01 February 2011 - 09:47 AM

Eye cancer.

But seriously, you should see a doctor.

#9 BeerNutts   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2977

Posted 01 February 2011 - 01:15 PM

It could've been a migraine. My 1st migraine, my vision got screwed up royally, and I was scared as hell. I lost periphrial (sp?) vision, and people would disappear if I turned my head just a little. It was WEIRD

Soon after, I got massive headache.

I've also gotten jagged lines in my vision just before a migraine.

I did see a doctor, and he said it was migraine, and after doing a little research, it fit exactly what happened to me.

Check it out for yourself.
My Gamedev Journal: 2D Game Making, the Easy Way

---(Old Blog, still has good info): 2dGameMaking
-----
"No one ever posts on that message board; it's too crowded." - Yoga Berra (sorta)

#10 SteveDeFacto   Banned   -  Reputation: 109

Posted 01 February 2011 - 03:29 PM

It could've been a migraine. My 1st migraine, my vision got screwed up royally, and I was scared as hell. I lost periphrial (sp?) vision, and people would disappear if I turned my head just a little. It was WEIRD

Soon after, I got massive headache.

I've also gotten jagged lines in my vision just before a migraine.

I did see a doctor, and he said it was migraine, and after doing a little research, it fit exactly what happened to me.

Check it out for yourself.

Lol, I wish I read this before I went to the doctor. I totally thought I had an aneurysm. They ran a cat scan and said that I look fine. The doctor told me it was probably just a really bad migraine.

#11 gavco98   Members   -  Reputation: 372

Posted 02 February 2011 - 06:15 AM

did you remember to put your glasses back on after the argument?
Gavin Coates
IT Engineer / Web Developer / Aviation Consultant
[ Taxiway Alpha ] [ Personal Home Page ]

#12 SteveDeFacto   Banned   -  Reputation: 109

Posted 02 February 2011 - 06:49 AM

did you remember to put your glasses back on after the argument?

I don't need or ware glasses... Plus if you actually read the post you would realize I already said that I had a cat scan and it was a migraine...

#13 Tachikoma   Members   -  Reputation: 552

Posted 02 February 2011 - 08:53 AM

"I'm afraid I have bad news, you have brain can..."

"Oh! Can I keep the volume data!?"

* points to a pile of usb hard drives * ... * grins like an idiot*

Seriously, that would be the first thing I'd ask the good doctor before hearing the prognosis; and then fantasise about slicing my head apart with a hacked-together volume renderer.
Latest project: Sideways Racing on the iPad

#14 SteveDeFacto   Banned   -  Reputation: 109

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:04 AM

"I'm afraid I have bad news, you have brain can..."

"Oh! Can I keep the volume data!?"

* points to a pile of usb hard drives * ... * grins like an idiot*

Seriously, that would be the first thing I'd ask the good doctor before hearing the prognosis; and then fantasise about slicing my head apart with a hacked-together volume renderer.

I was actually thinking about asking for it... lol

#15 owl   Banned   -  Reputation: 364

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:10 AM

Go see the doctor asap. Have your pressure measured. That's certainly not how your body should be working.

EDIT: oh, you did it already. lol
I like the Walrus best.

#16 SteveDeFacto   Banned   -  Reputation: 109

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:11 AM

Go see the doctor asap. Have your pressure measured. That's certainly not how your body should be working.

EDIT: oh, you did it already. lol

Already did read above!

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS