• Create Account

[web] Starting a webpage

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 Puyover   Members   -  Reputation: 187

0Likes

Posted 03 February 2011 - 09:13 AM

Hi,

I have contracted a host with a friend to upload our projects and write some tutorials about game development. The problem is, we don't have any idea about website design... well, we know something of PHP and MySQL, but not enough to create a complete website. So, we have been thinking about using a CMS but I don't know which of them use... Any help?

Thanks.

Sponsor:

#2 Cygnus_X   Members   -  Reputation: 359

0Likes

Posted 03 February 2011 - 11:57 AM

What hosting company do you use? Many of them have pre-made templates for your disposal that can probably meet your needsl.

Beyond that, Jamoola, Drupal, WordPress, and many other installs are viable options that can speed up your website design.

On another note, I am somewhat curious as to how you can be qualified to give game design tutorials, but do not know how to make a webpage?

#3 Puyover   Members   -  Reputation: 187

0Likes

Posted 03 February 2011 - 02:14 PM

What hosting company do you use? Many of them have pre-made templates for your disposal that can probably meet your needsl.

Beyond that, Jamoola, Drupal, WordPress, and many other installs are viable options that can speed up your website design.

On another note, I am somewhat curious as to how you can be qualified to give game design tutorials, but do not know how to make a webpage?

Thanks for your answer. I guess I'm going to use Drupal. I'm going to use ovh.es by the way (I'm from Spain).

I've never cared to learn how to design web pages or languajes related (php, ajax, css, etc) because I've never needed. I've always used Wordpress and other templates (so far I've had a blog).

Are different concepts, if you can program games you do not have to know how to design web pages :/

#4 touch_the_sky   Members   -  Reputation: 141

0Likes

Posted 06 February 2011 - 03:46 PM

If you don't need to know web dev, then why would you spend time for learning new stuff in this area? You could use Wordpress since you're familiar with it, just get some decent theme.

If you're still looking to try something new - have a look at ModX -> CMS & framework

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS