Need assistance phrasing this in a professional way

Started by
1 comment, last by Concentrate 13 years, 2 months ago
So I gathered some experience coding thanks for some professors. And I would like your guys input on how I worded it in my resume. My English isn't that great, so I'm asking for the recruiters and whatnot

for some input. Here is my related work experience. The first two jobs are the recent jobs I did and would like your input on them. Thanks.

RELATED EXPERIENCE

SoftwareDeveloper,Storrs, CT January2010-current 2010

• Implemented Bioinformatics algorithms for professor research
    • Created algorithms based on Hidden Markov Model

SoftwareDeveloper,Storrs, CT December2010-current 2010

• Developed software programs for professor
    • Integrated C++ program with Java to make it online based
    • Developed GUI for the integrated C++/Java programs

WebDevelopment Research,Storrs, CT November2010-December 2010

• Created website replicas, using software Adobe Contribute for Professor’s research
  • Worked with a team –
    • Communicated with team members to deliver milestones
    • Assisted team members

--------------------------------

So basically, for the first ( most recent job ), I have and is currently creating complex algorithm for my professor based on Hidden Markov Model. I am not sure if there is more to say for that.
And the second job, I had to integrate a C++ program using java to make it web based and graphical so that the user can use it more easily. Any advice on if I should highlight some more points( if so how?) or anything of that sort. Thank you.
Edge cases will show your design flaws in your code!
Visit my site
Visit my FaceBook
Visit my github
Advertisement
The first two Software Developer items should be combined into one. They're all the same location and position.

* Implemented Bioinformatics algorithms based on the Hidden Markov Model
* Wrote a Java web front-end (using what frameworks/technology?) for a legacy C++ application

Also think about the benefits of doing the above. Did you improve the efficiency of obtaining research results? Were they more accurate? Were the results used in a published paper? Was the Java front-end well received by the users?

The first two Software Developer items should be combined into one. They're all the same location and position.

* Implemented Bioinformatics algorithms based on the Hidden Markov Model
* Wrote a Java web front-end (using what frameworks/technology?) for a legacy C++ application

Also think about the benefits of doing the above. Did you improve the efficiency of obtaining research results? Were they more accurate? Were the results used in a published paper? Was the Java front-end well received by the users?

So I am assuming the benefits should be me listed under each point? Also I'm not familiar with the "web front-end" technology. What does that mean? I used java SE so, would that be the framework? Thanks.
Edge cases will show your design flaws in your code!
Visit my site
Visit my FaceBook
Visit my github

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement