Portfolio

Started by
3 comments, last by 3dshay 13 years, 1 month ago
Hello

Any advice or recommendation to improve my skills or find a job highly appreciated , my portfolio is : www.hellsculptor.com

A sample of my works :

1-Khalon-armoury.jpg
Advertisement

1. Any advice or recommendation to improve my skills
2. or find a job

1. Practice.
2. Read FAQs 27 and 24 (FAQs link is above).

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Hello

Any advice or recommendation to improve my skills or find a job highly appreciated , my portfolio is : www.hellsculptor.com

A sample of my works :

1-Khalon-armoury.jpg

go to : here
So, I was a little skeptical at first of these things:

- [color="#1C2837"]hellsculptor.com
[color="#1C2837"]Is this really the domain name you want to be associated with? It's a cool domain name for an artist, but at the same time, you've clearly done more than just "sculpt hell." Regardless, I don't think this makes for a professional first impression of who you are and what you can do.
[color="#1C2837"]
[color="#1C2837"] - Organization
[color="#1C2837"]Your qualifications are really impressive for an art position. Your portfolio shows a lot of fantastic skills: technically capable, creative, artistic. But overall, you're lacking the "wow factor" on the front page. It's presented like a blog, and while you mention a few cool things, most recruiters or HR folks aren't going to go much beyond the first page. You should make sure that the first thing they're presented with is something that says "Hey, I can do the job you're looking for." For actual art people, you want your works front-and-center. Personally, I would make a landing page and use sections like "Awards, Works, Resume, Contact."

[color="#1C2837"] - Resume
[color="#1C2837"]You should get a resume section exclusive to your website. Going to About --> Resume is confusing. Aside from that, your resume is very poorly organized and is probably the #1 thing working against you.

[color="#1C2837"]Overall, I think your work looks great and you've demonstrated that you have the skills. But I think your main problem is actually getting people to your website. Very few people are going to pick up your resume and actually type in "hellsculptor.com," so work on that part.
Thanks a lot, I'll work on that :) , what domain names you suggest? domains like www.name+familyname.com ?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement