• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Seeing as how I am relatively new to programming, alot of the code has me lost.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 Bill Fountaine   Members   -  Reputation: 193

0Likes

Posted 11 February 2011 - 10:53 AM

I went ahead and grabbed 3D Math Primer For Graphics and Game Development, because I heard it can help me understand Matrix's, vertices, etc.

I am an absolute beginner basically, slowly learning how to use basic stuff. And as I am reading through chapter 4, the code starting on page 57 has me lost.

I have never used any of those keywords before, and I somewhat understand WHAT the code is doing, by making the triangles, but if there was an assignment to make a simple triangle/camera etc, like the code shows. I would not know how to do any of it.

Is there anything that I can do to understand how to use these words, like Matrix, effect, etc. Because I am just seemingly lost when it comes to using the code.

Sponsor:

#2 Fl4sh   Banned   -  Reputation: 30

0Likes

Posted 11 February 2011 - 01:09 PM

I have that book...p.57 is in chapter 5....the distance formula. But maybe I can help if I could see what code you are talking about.
Do you have yahoo?

-edit- Oh you mean chad carters book for the workshop. Nevermind. Posted Image

But if you have yahoo or msn maybe we could go over this stuff.
They hated on Jeezus, so you think I give a f***?!

#3 Bill Fountaine   Members   -  Reputation: 193

0Likes

Posted 11 February 2011 - 01:40 PM

I have that book...p.57 is in chapter 5....the distance formula. But maybe I can help if I could see what code you are talking about.
Do you have yahoo?

-edit- Oh you mean chad carters book for the workshop. Nevermind. Posted Image

But if you have yahoo or msn maybe we could go over this stuff.

I sent my msn to you via pm

#4 Fl4sh   Banned   -  Reputation: 30

0Likes

Posted 11 February 2011 - 03:16 PM

lol seems like you're having serious problems with your messenger?

Can you see what I type? :P
They hated on Jeezus, so you think I give a f***?!

#5 Bill Fountaine   Members   -  Reputation: 193

0Likes

Posted 11 February 2011 - 03:24 PM

I got your message when I was on windows live, it wouldn't let me reply, and when I clicked on your name it took me to a web page because of your email being yahoo or something. And Pidgin is always screwy when it comes to small stuff, so idk. I sent you a friends request, maybe if I do it it'll work.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS