• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Visual Studio build options

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 GhostfromTexas   Members   -  Reputation: 103

0Likes

Posted 19 February 2011 - 10:50 AM

I've done a lot of digging through the University of Google but haven't found anything so far. I am managing a fairly large project at the moment and our compile times do get quite large. Right now depending on the way I want to compile, I have go to in and change several options under my debug configuration to swap between doing incremental builds and multi-processor builds.

By doing a multi-processor build (/MP), then incremental build option (/Gm) must be turned off. Which is fine, but I am looking for a way to easily swap between different build options under the SAME configuration. I don't want a new configuration.. i want this to all work under debug mode. Preferably, I'd like to be able to create a toolbar button or keyboard shortcut that will build the project differently depending on which button I hit.

Does anyone know of the ability to do this or an addin that will help?

I am using Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate Edition

Thanks for your time!

Sponsor:

#2 sgt_barnes   Members   -  Reputation: 609

1Likes

Posted 07 March 2011 - 06:38 AM

I don't want a new configuration.. i want this to all work under debug mode.

Hm, but the preferred way of doing this IS configurations: You would create a new "multi-processor, debug" and copy the settings of your "debug". Now disable "/Gm" and enable "/MP" only for the new config, compile, and there you are: Debugable /MP-Code.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS