• Create Account

Icy Requiem- First Person Horror Game CANCELLED

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
37 replies to this topic

#1 False Reality Studios   Members   -  Reputation: 62

Posted 20 February 2011 - 03:09 PM

Project closed and all rights and resources transferred to Arc Fusion Games.

Project may be restarted in future.

Sponsor:

#2 False Reality Studios   Members   -  Reputation: 62

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:32 PM

Especially require programmers who know either C#, Unity/Javascript, C/C++ or Boo (Python varient). Also need concept/texture arists and 3D modelers who use Blender, Maya or 3D Studio Max. At least 8 voice actors required. Please email this address if interested: falserealitystudios@hotmail.com .

#3 False Reality Studios   Members   -  Reputation: 62

Posted 23 February 2011 - 01:02 AM

Main Programmer position has been taken though assistant programmers would still be helpful. Still need a texture/concept artist and character modeler. Still require many actors. Please email the above address if interested.

#4 MichaelJPierce   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 23 February 2011 - 06:29 AM

Voice acting positions still up for grabs?

#5 False Reality Studios   Members   -  Reputation: 62

Posted 23 February 2011 - 02:44 PM

Why yes they are, and quite a few of them too.

#6 xMagicMonkeyx   Members   -  Reputation: 100

Posted 23 February 2011 - 05:08 PM

I will happily do the voice acting for you :) add me on skype brownieboy101 or msn mrcheese32@hotmail.com

#7 False Reality Studios   Members   -  Reputation: 62

Posted 23 February 2011 - 05:55 PM

Thank you for replying, I will add you on Skype.

#8 False Reality Studios   Members   -  Reputation: 62

Posted 24 February 2011 - 02:55 PM

We require a 3D character modeler who can also animate their models to start work on the project. Also need another female and male voice actor. Please email the above address if interested.

#9 False Reality Studios   Members   -  Reputation: 62

Posted 26 February 2011 - 08:20 PM

Do not need any C++ programmers at the moment becuase we are using Unity 3D. Only programmers with knowledge of C#, Javascript or Boo are needed.

#10 jester.exe   Members   -  Reputation: 100

Posted 01 March 2011 - 12:46 AM

So, what kind of programmer are you looking for? I've got some good experience with Java, but none really with Javascript. I'm also interested in what you mean by "assistant," programmer; I have a few other things going on at the moment (like college classes), and I'm not sure how much of my time I'd be able to devote to this project, so it depends on what kind of programmer you need (work-load wise).

#11 False Reality Studios   Members   -  Reputation: 62

Posted 06 March 2011 - 12:22 AM

Jester.exe= well what I mean by assistant programmer is that we already have 2 'Main' programmers and we could use some 'Assistants' to help out.

#12 False Reality Studios   Members   -  Reputation: 62

Posted 06 March 2011 - 02:46 PM

We do not need an audio composer for the project, we already have one.

#13 JGorard159   Members   -  Reputation: 100

Posted 06 March 2011 - 03:01 PM

Hey!

I have some experience with the Unity3D engine, and I have an extensive knowledge of both C# and Javascript (not so much with Boo). I am slightly time constrained at the moment, but I could be an assistant programmer for you guys if you want. I have also had many years of experience with web design and development, so I could quite easily put a website together for Icy Requiem and the project in general in a relatively short amount of time. Let me know if I can be of use (my email address is codemonkeyjonathan@gmail.com)

#14 False Reality Studios   Members   -  Reputation: 62

Posted 06 March 2011 - 04:51 PM

To JGorard159,

Thanks you noticing our post and becoming interested. Its great that your a programmer that also has experience with Unity 3D. If you want you can be a one of the 3 lead programmers we need. We already have 2 but since you are skilled especially in Unity 3D scripting you will be a highly valued asset. Email our address so that we can keep in touch.

#15 False Reality Studios   Members   -  Reputation: 62

Posted 08 March 2011 - 06:35 PM

Here is link to our development blog:

http://184.154.20.159/wordpress

It is still in progress.

#16 RedPin   Banned   -  Reputation: 36

Posted 10 March 2011 - 04:18 AM

What type of modeling needs to be done? Any examples? I can do high res or low res polys, animate, and texturize. The problem is, I have my own projects to finish up. Hit me up if you got examples for me to see before negotiations can begin.
Failure is simply denying the truth and refusing to adapt for success. Failure is synthetic, invented by man to justify his laziness and lack of moral conduct. What truely lies within failure is neither primative or genetic. What failure is at the heart, is man's inability to rise and meet the challenge. Success is natural, only happening when man stops trying to imitate a synthetic or imaginable object. Once man starts acting outside his emotional standpoints, he will stop trying to imitate synthetic or imaginable objects called forth by the replication of his emptiness inside his mind. Man's mind is forever idle and therefore shall call forth through the primitives of such subconscious thoughts and behaviors that Success is unnatural and that failure is natural. Success is simply doing something at man's full natural abilities and power, failure is the inability to act on what man wants, dreams, wishes, invisions, or thinks himself to do. ~ RED (concluded when I was 5 years old looking at the world with wide eyes)

#17 False Reality Studios   Members   -  Reputation: 62

Posted 10 March 2011 - 02:42 PM

To Redpin,

http://184.154.20.159/wordpress/

Here is a link to our development blog. We will soon be uploading some concept art but at the moment we do not have much to show you but in the near future we will be uploading more stuff. I hope you decide to help us because we need additional modelers.

#18 rscomposer   Members   -  Reputation: 162

Posted 10 March 2011 - 06:10 PM

The setting reminds me of The Shining, up until the demonic yetis. :D

I love horror stuff. When you guys get to the point in production that you're looking for music, I'd be interested.

Have a listen to some of my horror demos on my website. (The Flash player is acting up lately, so if it gives you any trouble, scroll down for direct links.)

Good luck!

-Robert Scott

#19 False Reality Studios   Members   -  Reputation: 62

Posted 11 March 2011 - 04:36 PM

To rscomposer=

First off I love the eerie horror music that is on your site but sorry to inform you but we already have an audio composer. Though if you still want to be a part of the project, could we use some of your music for the game? You will be given all due credit for it.

#20 nsmadsen   Moderators   -  Reputation: 4352

Posted 11 March 2011 - 05:19 PM

To rscomposer=

First off I love the eerie horror music that is on your site but sorry to inform you but we already have an audio composer. Though if you still want to be a part of the project, could we use some of your music for the game? You will be given all due credit for it.

Instead of just getting "due credit" for the work used in this project, shouldn't he be eligible for some of the potential profit shares? If he doesn't then I suggest you pay him upfront to license or buy out the song. Otherwise rscomposer stands to gain nothing from this project and that hardly seems like a decent offer to me. (Not meaning to speak for you rscomposer!)

Also, I'd consider revamping your whole profit share model as it can get very, very tricky logging who does what and how much of a profit percentage that actually equals out to. Are you actually keeping a log of all work done? What about time as well? What happens if programmer X spends a crap load of time fixing a huge problem in the game? Does that still count for just one task done or does time invested play any part? Your model also doesn't allow for any superhero efforts made by members of your crew which, in other game development situations, could equal out to a bonus. If someone were to be a true MVP on your team and save the day, shouldn't they be compensated more for that? Side note: I find the whole profit sharing method of payment to be actually.... nonpayment. Of all of the projects I've worked on that used this method I've earned exactly zero. So if you're going to try and go this route, I think having a very clear and simple formula would be best... and yours, in my opinion, is anything but simple when you really consider it. Things to think about.

Thanks!

Nate
Nathan Madsen
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS