• Create Account

Icy Requiem- First Person Horror Game CANCELLED

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
37 replies to this topic

#21 rscomposer   Members   -  Reputation: 162

Posted 11 March 2011 - 09:34 PM

Unfortunately I can't volunteer my services or music anymore these days, but licensing isn't out of the question. If you really liked a piece enough to want to license for an up-front fee and credit, we can discuss that.

Feel free to send me a PM if you're interested, or if you ever need a composer for a future project!

-Robert

Sponsor:

#22 False Reality Studios   Members   -  Reputation: 62

Posted 12 March 2011 - 05:04 PM

To nsmadsen,

1- Unless you did not read the first post on the topic, it clearly says that we already have a composer on the team. Rscomposer did not apply for the position of composer but instead give us a link to his work that he believed would fit the game. Now I gave him the opportunity to have some of his music in the game. He has yet to reply to that so I suggest that you do not attempt to answer for him. It is up to him if he wants his music to be a part of the game and ONLY him.

2- My compensation system works like this. Throughout development I keep a tight log on all work that is done by everyone. At the end of development I assign a individual percentage number to every member. I tell them their percentages and if they are not happy with their's then I will give them a chance to explain to me why they deserve more. I will then put their argument to the whole team and we will decide if this person deserves more compensation.
3- I know that you think your trying to help but your really not. I'm not trying to be rude or anything but your contribution was not necessary. It is up to rscomposer if he would like his music in the game or not.

Thank you.

#23 False Reality Studios   Members   -  Reputation: 62

Posted 12 March 2011 - 05:06 PM

To rscomposer,

At the moment we have no money at all so I cannot pay you to license your music. Good luck with any future projects. :)

#24 rscomposer   Members   -  Reputation: 162

Posted 12 March 2011 - 06:47 PM

To nsmadsen,

1- Unless you did not read the first post on the topic, it clearly says that we already have a composer on the team. Rscomposer did not apply for the position of composer but instead give us a link to his work that he believed would fit the game. Now I gave him the opportunity to have some of his music in the game. He has yet to reply to that so I suggest that you do not attempt to answer for him. It is up to him if he wants his music to be a part of the game and ONLY him.

2- My compensation system works like this. Throughout development I keep a tight log on all work that is done by everyone. At the end of development I assign a individual percentage number to every member. I tell them their percentages and if they are not happy with their's then I will give them a chance to explain to me why they deserve more. I will then put their argument to the whole team and we will decide if this person deserves more compensation.
3- I know that you think your trying to help but your really not. I'm not trying to be rude or anything but your contribution was not necessary. It is up to rscomposer if he would like his music in the game or not.

Thank you.

I actually was applying for the position of composer because the first post does not list one on your current team structure. The thought of licensing individual tracks from the website had actually never crossed my mind till it was mentioned.

I didn't take it at all like Madsen was trying to answer for me, and he made it clear he wasn't.

But thank you again for your consideration, and keep us posted on how the game is coming along.

#25 False Reality Studios   Members   -  Reputation: 62

Posted 13 March 2011 - 07:48 PM

Sorry I missed putting up that we already had an audio composer, it has now been changed. If you would like to follow the development of the game then you can just look at our development blog which is linked in the first post.

#26 nsmadsen   Moderators   -  Reputation: 4089

Posted 14 March 2011 - 09:37 AM

To nsmadsen,

Thank you.

Actually, I was helping and didn't speak out of turn, as rscomposer even pointed out to you. Also I never said your compensation system wouldn't work - just that it was potentially messy. Finally, I felt that the offer you made to rscomposer didn't match up with the public offer you made to other content providers on your team. As a fellow composer/sound designer and the moderator for the Music and Sound section of this website - I felt it best to speak up on this matter. Part of my role, as I see it, is to help and educate others on items related to game audio. In the "real" world, giving someone "due credit" only while offering other content providers profit shares is hardly a good offer which could potentially harm your company's reputation among other audio professionals. I'll be happy to discuss this more with you via PM if you have further questions or concerns.

Thanks,

Nate
Nathan Madsen
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios

#27 False Reality Studios   Members   -  Reputation: 62

Posted 14 March 2011 - 04:37 PM

My compensation system would only become 'messy' if the wrong kind of person was managing the team. It is good that your doing your job as a moderator to help out your fellow composers. But rscomposer and I could have figured this out ourselves with some negotiations and resoning. I already had an audio composer and when I was updating the post I forget to put it in that I had one. I apologize for that but we already have an audio composer who is very skilled and experienced, as well as popular. I would rather that we stop this pointless argument you have started because I do not have time for it.

#28 False Reality Studios   Members   -  Reputation: 62

Posted 14 March 2011 - 06:09 PM

To the both of you. Why did you vote down my reputation? Is it because I made a simple mistake of missing to include that I already had an composer or is it that you don't agree with my compensation system? Mistakes are something everyone does and you learn from your mistakes. Or was it the argument that YOU started and continued on for an unesscessary amount of time. I hope that this is not some form of revenge or something, I really do....

#29 rscomposer   Members   -  Reputation: 162

Posted 14 March 2011 - 10:25 PM

I didn't vote down your post. Hard to say who it was with so many members able to read this.

I understand mistakes are easy to make, I don't think anybody voted it down for the omission in the original post. I think they voted it down for the confrontational tone of it.

#30 nsmadsen   Moderators   -  Reputation: 4089

Posted 14 March 2011 - 10:38 PM

I agree with rscomposer and haven't wished to make this an argument but rather a discussion. Only making suggestions and responding to comments you chose to make public. Furthermore I suggested taking this discussion offline via PM (if it needed to continue).
Nathan Madsen
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios

#31 False Reality Studios   Members   -  Reputation: 62

Posted 16 March 2011 - 06:56 PM

Looking for another Unity 3D programmer who know C# scripting for project Icy Requiem.

#32 False Reality Studios   Members   -  Reputation: 62

Posted 18 March 2011 - 11:56 PM

VOID

#33 Charliea   Members   -  Reputation: 187

Posted 19 March 2011 - 06:49 AM

Hello I see you already have a composer and have had troubles with others but I'd like to help money or not. We all want to get paid but first you must get notice and I am willing to do that.

My work is on this site if you wantme to help out if your other composer doesn't get back to you

www.reverbnation/charliearmour

#34 False Reality Studios   Members   -  Reputation: 62

Posted 20 March 2011 - 04:56 PM

Thank you for noticing us but we already have a dedicated composer that has been with on the team for a few months now.

#35 False Reality Studios   Members   -  Reputation: 62

Posted 22 March 2011 - 01:14 AM

The Killers Club cancelled. All focus is on the development of Icy Requiem.

#36 dpadam450   Members   -  Reputation: 922

Posted 22 March 2011 - 10:55 AM

You guys should stop voting him down on every post. We all had the dream to get into games at some point.

To the OP: I applaud that you at least dropped your 'lets make some garbage real quick' project to focus on what you at least wanted to make. Always do what you want to do at heart. Secondly though, you see how quick things change and how quick they die. You had an idea for a week or so and then completely shifted focus. Even though its for the better that you switched focus, we are just trying to explain that you need to plan before you execute. I did not read all of your stuff, but if you dont have a GDD laying out all the features of the game and art assets, then do so. If you need 20 houses, a lamp, 3 crates, etc. because it will help you more than anything.

#37 False Reality Studios   Members   -  Reputation: 62

Posted 22 March 2011 - 08:04 PM

Thanks for asking people to stop voting down my reputation. The reason I cancalled The Killers Club is because I didn't want to make the same mistake Atomic Games made by churning out Breach to support Six Days in Fullujah. I now have enough members with the right skills to be able to develop Icy Requiem. I am going to pour my heart and soul into Icy Requiem and hope for the best. Please follow our development blog if you are stil interested.

#38 BlindAltitudeGames   Members   -  Reputation: 86

Posted 02 April 2011 - 05:54 PM

Sounds just like the game and movie "The Thing"

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS