• Create Account

Books for non Windows beginners

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 Blaise   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 04 January 2000 - 07:31 AM

I''m sure this question has been answered, but I looked around and only found partial answers. Basically, I would like a book on 3D game development that is not completely DirectX centric. I''ve done a little 2D game programming and am confident in my C and C++ abilities, and I''m just starting to pick up OpenGL. I was thinking about buying Lamothe''s ''Black Art'' book and just trying to code the examples on my own, but I heard that it is not entirely up to date. Does this matter for a beginner or have there been significant advances that make that book obsolete? I don''t really mind if the book uses DirectX (or any other API), as long as it explains the concepts well enough that I could translate them to C++/OpenGL. Thanks, and sorry if this was too repetitive.

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS