• Create Account

[MMO] Origins MMO - Recruiting for Indie Release - 1 Year in Development

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
17 replies to this topic

#1 mdunham   Members   -  Reputation: 103

Posted 05 March 2011 - 02:56 PM

*** Updated Teaser Video ***
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7PD0vG8c6s

Attached File  Origins1920x1200.jpg   416.83KB   108 downloads
Team name:
Burning Dog Media

Project name:
Origins

Brief description:
This project has been in the works for one year now and we have met our goals of a prototype. We are now moving forward with our indie release side of the project. We have a great team dynamic at this point and an estabished management framework supporting this project.

Target aim:
Retail Release 2012 (Q1)

Compensation:

The compensation will be based on a revenue sharing model, we are looking for investors currently but the formula which we also provide signed agreements before you start is (Time in * Skill Rate = % of Shares that Burning Dog owns in the Origins Project)

* We very close to funding

Technology:
- Hero Engine

- FMOD
- Maya
- Scaleform
- Umbra

- Etc

Talent needed:

- 2D Artists - Icon design / UI Design - ( 2 to 3 )
- 3D Modelers - Environmental / Character - (5)
- Programmers (2)

- Mobile Developers (IOS / Andriod / Windows 7 Mobile) - (2)
- Animators - Character / Assets (2)
- Website Designer (1)
- Voice Actor (For monthly ingame videos)

Team structure:
We have a fairly large team (40 people) right now to which we meet weekly (we actually have meetings every night but there is only 1 required meeting per week).

Team Roles (Not putting peoples names)

- Lead Designer (Dev / World)
- Lead Designer (Art Director)
- Business Development (CMA)
- Investor Management (CMA)
- Animators
- Riggers
- Modelers
- Developers (Coders)
- World Designer
- Writers
- Concept Artists
- Project Manager (PMP)
- Project Analyst
- Composer
- Sound Designers

Website is not 100% complete but its close enough for developers to at least preview some stuff
Origins MMO Website

Contacts:
Skype ID: TKACID - Mike D.
Skype ID: TKSTUBERT - David C.

Email Contact - mdunham (at) burningdog (dot) com

Previous Work by Team:
- Previous titles from members include (Force unleashed 2 / Epic Mickey / Etc) - Burning Dog has develop some older 2d scrollers back in the day that were release indie but took a break to develop enterprise software for the blood and plasma industry.

Additional Info:
With our project we are taking this very seriously, we are looking for pro talent or semi-pro, we can appericate that many different people are at different points of their careers but we are trying and going to develop something great here so this is not a hobby project, we respect that this is a revenue sharing venture and you have a real life and real job (most of us do) so we will work with you if something comes up. We generally are looking for a min of 20 hours per 7 day week a lot of our folks are working 8+ hours a day and still working a full time job while don't recommend this type of schedule for the average person we are looking for that type of commitment.

Attached File  grazingchochobis.jpg   341.29KB   144 downloads

Attached File  wasteland.jpg   257.1KB   150 downloads

Attached File  screenshot_flyingrelic.jpg   262.27KB   145 downloads

Attached File  BetterWorldFinal-re.jpg   619.88KB   248 downloads

Attached File  MinorAdjust02.jpg   1.53MB   223 downloads-

Sponsor:

#2 mdunham   Members   -  Reputation: 103

Posted 06 March 2011 - 02:50 PM

Just an FYI, Had a site issue and the site was down for a bit today, its back up

#3 JustHayden   Members   -  Reputation: 100

Posted 06 March 2011 - 04:31 PM

Im currently learning C# and going to be learning C++ but the only thing i can contribute right now is Character Dialog, i can also write some of te Story-Line if you want, PM me

#4 mdunham   Members   -  Reputation: 103

Posted 09 March 2011 - 11:21 AM

Feel free to PM or contact us through our site, I will be updating this post next week with some update ingame shots. Also Recruiting will be open up until the end of Next week.

Cheers

#5 mdunham   Members   -  Reputation: 103

Posted 11 June 2011 - 06:10 PM

Post has been updated, we are working towards our indie release, looking for team members!

#6 diddykonga   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 12 June 2011 - 01:37 AM

Can we get some in-game screenshots , or maybe a video?

#7 mdunham   Members   -  Reputation: 103

Posted 12 June 2011 - 11:08 PM

Can we get some in-game screenshots , or maybe a video?

At the bottom on the post we have some ingame screenshots here and we will be releasing gameplay soon here.

Cheers,
Michael

#8 mdunham   Members   -  Reputation: 103

Posted 14 June 2011 - 05:16 PM

Getting some great submissions keep them coming!

Cheers,
Mike

#9 MikoMusic   Members   -  Reputation: 100

Posted 18 June 2011 - 04:55 AM

hi Guys,

i'm a composer. i've tried reaching you twice trough your website but got no replay at all.

I would like to wirte a pitch for you as I love the design of the game. Seeing it made me hear the music instantly.

Looking forward to ehar from you

All best
mik

#10 mdunham   Members   -  Reputation: 103

Posted 23 June 2011 - 03:13 PM

Recruiting is still open for another couple weeks here. Thank you for your interest so far.

Cheers,
Michael Dunham

#11 A Brain in a Vat   Members   -  Reputation: 313

Posted 23 June 2011 - 03:22 PM

When people hear MMO and "Origins" together they think of Ultima Online, developed by Origin Systems.

Is this an intentional allusion?

#12 Zern   Members   -  Reputation: 134

Posted 23 June 2011 - 08:12 PM

When people hear MMO and "Origins" together they think of Ultima Online, developed by Origin Systems.

Is this an intentional allusion?

Can't say that's the case with me. Played UO for several years and didn't for one moment think of this allusion you speak of. o.0

People see connections where they want to. Just don't speak so broadly and generalize everyone (“when people” ) when it's not the case.

#13 rohde   Members   -  Reputation: 432

Posted 24 June 2011 - 03:42 AM

Hi there,

It looks like an awesome project - you guys really have something amazing going on here. Nice work.

I'm a programmer (C++ / .NET) and wuod like to here more about the " Programmers / Mobile Developers (IOS / Andriod / Windows 7 Mobile)" part.

What technologies are you using here? What are the planse for the mobile versions?
I might be interested in the programming and/or WP7 programming.

Thanks,

Jacob

"We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." -Francois de La Rochefoucauld (1613 - 1680). | My blog

#14 A Brain in a Vat   Members   -  Reputation: 313

Posted 25 June 2011 - 06:55 PM

Can't say that's the case with me. Played UO for several years and didn't for one moment think of this allusion you speak of. o.0

People see connections where they want to. Just don't speak so broadly and generalize everyone (“when people” ) when it's not the case.

I don't recall saying everyone makes that connection. You assume that only I do, since you don't happen to have made that connection? Any person even remotely aware of the history of MMOs could tell you the connection between the word "origin" and MMOs.

#15 VigilantAudio   Members   -  Reputation: 121

Posted 25 June 2011 - 07:50 PM

I don't recall saying everyone makes that connection. You assume that only I do, since you don't happen to have made that connection? Any person even remotely aware of the history of MMOs could tell you the connection between the word "origin" and MMOs.

Big fan of UO and didn't once make this connection till you pointed it out.

#16 jbadams   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 18575

Posted 26 June 2011 - 01:23 AM

Please cut the off-topic chit-chat guys -- some people may associate the term "origin[s]" with Ultima Online, others will not -- we do not need a continued discussion of this bumping the topic constantly. In that spirit, please also refrain from responding to this post.

#17 mdunham   Members   -  Reputation: 103

Posted 03 August 2011 - 01:56 AM

Updated post - Added Video Link and some content adjustments

#18 dreammaster026   Members   -  Reputation: 109

Posted 03 August 2011 - 01:36 PM

If you are still in need of environment artist then pencil me in lol.

http://lucidgamerstudios.webs.com/

My email is jwilliams@n-devgames.com

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS