• Create Account

You Know What I Wish?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
25 replies to this topic

#1 grim1208   Members   -  Reputation: 94

Posted 07 March 2011 - 12:09 PM

So my good buddy did a great job with his stand up comedy last night. Take a few moments to view.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTZGTweGsOc

Now we're trying to come up with more wishing material, and I thought it would be a fun thread to start getting more ideas from my gaming brothers. you know what i wish? I wish the Judge would listen more to my reasoning, [from the movie Blow], "Well, in all honesty, I don't feel that what I've done is a crime. And I think it's illogical and irresponsible for you to sentence me to prison. Because, when you think about it, what did I really do? I crossed an imaginary line with a bunch of plants. I mean, you say I'm an outlaw, you say I'm a thief, but where's the Christmas dinner for the people on relief? Huh? You say you're looking for someone who's never weak but always strong, to gather flowers constantly whether you are right or wrong, someone to open each and every door, but it ain't me, babe, huh? No, no, no, it ain't me, babe. It ain't me you're looking for, babe. You follow? "

If nothing else, this link to the video will bring a good laugh to the day!

Link to video

Sponsor:

#2 Fl4sh   Banned   -  Reputation: 30

Posted 07 March 2011 - 03:48 PM

That guy isn't funny...not even if I was there.

Guy: "I'm stoned, could you imagine being bolemic FOREVURR"
Audience: "hehehehehe"

Those weren't even real laughs. They were more like "wow this guy isn't funny but lemme make the best of this". Posted Image
They hated on Jeezus, so you think I give a f***?!

#3 grim1208   Members   -  Reputation: 94

Posted 07 March 2011 - 04:01 PM

That guy isn't funny...not even if I was there. Guy: "I'm stoned, could you imagine being bolemic FOREVURR" Audience: "hehehehehe" Those weren't even real laughs. They were more like "wow this guy isn't funny but lemme make the best of this". Posted Image

<BR><BR>You know what I wish?<BR><BR>I wish haters would take the time to finish whatever it is they are hating on. I mean, Fl4sh, I guarntee if you watched the entire clip, you would have found that a) the people were actually very into the comedy, and B) there's a lot of other things you could have hated on. I do appreciate the thread bump though, high 5!

#4 owl   Banned   -  Reputation: 364

Posted 07 March 2011 - 04:24 PM

I think the fact that it's badly recorded helps giving the impression that the show isn't very good. Besides the comedy (that I can barely listen because of the laughing) I think he needs more "mirror" work.
I like the Walrus best.

#5 grim1208   Members   -  Reputation: 94

Posted 07 March 2011 - 04:36 PM

The recording did suck, I'll be first to admit, I did it from a digital camera, I have another buddy seeing what he can edit out to give better clearity.

Could you expand on "mirror work"? Definitely appreciate constructive criticism

#6 owl   Banned   -  Reputation: 364

Posted 08 March 2011 - 05:27 PM

Np. Mirror work would be standing up in front of a mirror practicing facial/corporal expressions.
I like the Walrus best.

#7 RivieraKid   Members   -  Reputation: 375

Posted 08 March 2011 - 05:43 PM

i also think this is not funny but at least hes confident and doesnt pause looking like a tool.
the material is really bad.

#8 grim1208   Members   -  Reputation: 94

Posted 14 March 2011 - 01:00 AM

i also think this is not funny but at least hes confident and doesnt pause looking like a tool.
the material is really bad.

i thought the material was spot on for the type of crowd.

#9 Wavarian   Members   -  Reputation: 728

Posted 14 March 2011 - 02:57 AM

From the replies here, I was expecting this guy to be terribad, but he isn't at all. I generally hate comedy so that's saying something.

His material is very original (to me at least), which is more than I can say about the standup comedians that make it onto TV. Loved that Adam and Eve joke :)

#10 grim1208   Members   -  Reputation: 94

Posted 14 March 2011 - 02:15 PM

From the replies here, I was expecting this guy to be terribad, but he isn't at all. I generally hate comedy so that's saying something.

His material is very original (to me at least), which is more than I can say about the standup comedians that make it onto TV. Loved that Adam and Eve joke :)

Appeciate the positive response, the Adam and Eve joke seems to be the highlight according to the feedback we've had from everyone!

#11 ChaosEngine   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2499

Posted 14 March 2011 - 05:37 PM

It wasn't bad. I actually thought the delivery was pitched well for the source material. That said, the material just wasn't that funny. It suffers from what I call SNL comedy syndrome. Most of it is almost funny, with moments of genuine comedy interspersed. Can't really be more constructive, as comedy is really subjective.

But good on him for giving it a go.
if you think programming is like sex, you probably haven't done much of either.-------------- - capn_midnight

#12 d000hg   Members   -  Reputation: 828

Posted 14 March 2011 - 07:47 PM

That guy isn't funny...not even if I was there. Guy: "I'm stoned, could you imagine being bolemic FOREVURR" Audience: "hehehehehe" Those weren't even real laughs. They were more like "wow this guy isn't funny but lemme make the best of this". Posted Image

<BR><BR>You know what I wish?<BR><BR>I wish haters would take the time to finish whatever it is they are hating on. I mean, Fl4sh, I guarntee if you watched the entire clip, you would have found that a) the people were actually very into the comedy, and B) there's a lot of other things you could have hated on. I do appreciate the thread bump though, high 5!

Nice of you to respect other peoples' opinions grim. I mean obviously comedy is not at all subjective and we're idiots if we don't agree with what you think is funny.

You know what I wish? That people would preview their posts and spot that they totally screwed up the HTML. Use that in your act.

#13 Hodgman   Moderators   -  Reputation: 31843

Posted 14 March 2011 - 08:36 PM

You know what I wish? That people would preview their posts and spot that they totally screwed up the HTML. Use that in your act.

The new forum software's "rich editor" occasionally mangles HTML code into posts after you hit the 'Add Reply' button.

#14 grim1208   Members   -  Reputation: 94

Posted 15 March 2011 - 12:30 AM

The new forum software's "rich editor" occasionally mangles HTML code into posts after you hit the 'Add Reply' button.

yea, that's what happened to me, I hadn't written any html tags, they were placed themselves.

@d00gh again a hater falls on his face

#15 JohnDaniel   Members   -  Reputation: 100

Posted 15 March 2011 - 01:57 PM

You know what i wish ? I wish i could meet some of you in real life ! I wish you could come to my show and watch me get introduced as the Local Favorite :) Then i wish that you would try to heckle me so i could burn your fucking ass infront of a real live audience ! Yes i said real live audience ! Thats it :) if you dont like that, its cool ! they're my wishes :)

#16 JohnDaniel   Members   -  Reputation: 100

Posted 15 March 2011 - 02:00 PM

does it matter what i say anyway ? No !
Look my reputation is 0 :( Dang it !
<-----------

#17 grim1208   Members   -  Reputation: 94

Posted 15 March 2011 - 05:11 PM

does it matter what i say anyway ? No ! Look my reputation is 0 :( Dang it ! &lt;-----------

lolercaust. looks like u just grew by one.<BR>

i also think this is not funny but at least hes confident and doesnt pause looking like a tool.the material is really bad.

What material would you suggest?

#18 d000hg   Members   -  Reputation: 828

Posted 16 March 2011 - 01:47 AM

yea, that's what happened to me, I hadn't written any html tags, they were placed themselves.

@d00gh again a hater falls on his face

Is it too much trouble to READ what you post? If labelling anyone who doesn't agree with you as a hater makes you feel better then go for it. I didn't even watch the clip though. I think your ego is too fragile to be involved in entertainment though.

#19 ChaosEngine   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2499

Posted 16 March 2011 - 06:44 AM

I wish I hadn't read or replied to this thread :D
if you think programming is like sex, you probably haven't done much of either.-------------- - capn_midnight

#20 grim1208   Members   -  Reputation: 94

Posted 17 March 2011 - 07:06 PM

is it really that big of a deal that a few break tags got inserted into the post after clicking the reply button? You must really take posting to heart, and quite honestly if it bothers you that much then don't read the freakin thread.

as far as hating, i called out 2 as haters, you d000gh & fl4sh. your post was hating on something unrelated and insignificant to the thread, and fl4sh was just being a deusch.

moving on. I wish all online applications had a feature that gives you the ability to not accept new features, ever. I mean honestly. I don't think I'm the only one with this issue, i'm chilling with my buddy and his relatively new gf and they're getting in a fight because he can't figure out how to change his relationship status, she doesn't believe this to her it's simple ... . GDev, I know it's been a while since i last used your system, it's completely different too. Look the grief it's causing me so far, got this d000gh guy all over my nutz because your app. inserst extra html tags (seems like it happens when you hit enter after quote brackets)

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS