Here's my deal:
- Active Topics. I too have had to bookmark http://www.gamedev.n...earch&do=active
but it just isn't the same. It wouldn't surprise me if a lot of people that browsed the active topics do not now browse the forums simply because the Active Topics button is missing from the top of every thread view.
- The threads/posts seem bloated with unnecessary colored bars, etc. I like the simple, clean look that classic GD.Net had
- De-emphasis of the forums. Maybe it is just me, but it seems like there is now more emphasis on the articles. The forums is the only real reason I stuck around GD.Net all these many years (of which there have been many!)
- Having to click twice on the editor to get it to work. Clicking the first time expands it, then you have to click it again to start typing. Is it possible to ditch the fancy CSS type stuff, and just always have it expanded?
- No more IOTD. I know we can go to the forum software's maker and complain about this, and I imagine people have. That still doesn't fix the fact that it isn't there right now.
- No more survey on the front page. If there was, at least I haven't been able to find it yet.
- Having to click through to see the full GDNet daily
- Bloated space around every heading and every section on the main page. I know this can be fixed as well, but it just seems like everything is so much... bigger than what it was before. Again, keep it small, clean, streamlined.
Personally, I've also taken up a few other hobbies that have taken me away from game development (photography and woodworking), so I haven't been spending as much time here. I'm not going to go away any time soon (heck, I've been here almost since the dawn of GDNet), but still, it'd be nice to see a few of the things back that we are now missing.