• Create Account

Textures

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 ColdfireV   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 04 January 2000 - 11:38 AM

To store all textures (for example, DX Surfaces for tiles), what''s the recommended storage? Should everything go into a big array and access it by named index? Here''s what I mean... (DXSurface *) Textures[50]; enum TEXTURETYPE {SAND, WATER, ROCK, GRASS, BORDER, etc...}; Blit( Tile, Textures[WATER] ); Yeah, I know, that''s just a bunch of half-pseudo half-dx code... But what''s a good way to keep track of each type of texture in the game for an isometric engine? Could someone help me out here? -John

Sponsor:

#2 Niels   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 09 January 2000 - 08:02 AM

Use either a large surface and access each texture by offset (this is the preferred approach if you have a ton of small textures) or an array of surfaces and access by index - names is a NONO! If you need names in your world definition, make it so that you can "pre-compile" it into indices at run-time.

/NJ

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS