- HOPE - Voyage Embarked
- Roleplay enforced graphical MMO [think of the rules of a roleplay-enforced MUD]
- Choice of development including taking the path of a soldier, scientist, specialist, or whatever it is that you choose to call yourself.
- Typical grinding will not be required to progress.
- Interaction between actual players [NPC's being a secondary necessity] will be crucial to development of both personal skill and influence over others.
- Science, politics, infiltration, warfare, and other attributes will be skills that you will be able to develop both with your in-game character with skill trees and progression through those trees as well as influencing the environment with personal interactions.
- As the ship you are a member of continues to travel through space you may come across planets and other objects in space that you can adventure out and conquer!
- Perhaps you prefer the scientific route and search these new worlds to find new elements! Perhaps you will be the first to find a new element and discover its potentials for use in human weaponry or medicine.
- Maybe you find more intrigue in being involved in infiltration and decide to become a spy. Sabotage, espionage and influence over others may be your weapons to climbing the ranks.
- Don't let the class control you - you decide what it is you want to do.
- A second monumental space race propelled the citizens of Earth into a new Era of science and technology. This was brought on by the discovery of the Commission for Natural Elements [CNE], which stated that the axis of the Earth was accelerating exponentially into an oblique angle. Within the next 500 years, Earth would cease to offer a viable option for life.
- This sparked the 2nd historical space race. Within 200 years, Mars and the Earth's moon had become platforms for further research and development. Mars' atmosphere had been injected with microbial elements that had, over 100 years, transformed the planet into an acceptable habitat for human life. Transports were beginning to shuttle Earth's inhabitants to Mars.
- In 410 P.D. [Post-Discovery], a brutal war had erupted on all the known human inhabited planets in the system, fueled by the claims of private sector espionage and New World Order mentality. Those fortunate enough to escape did so by embarking out in whatever vessels were available.
- The S.S. Hope is the setting of this MUD. A lone settlement ship with moderate defenses that has propelled itself out into space with hopes of settling on a new world. It is now 1214 P.D. and no suitable planets have yet been discovered. Scientists have worked for years trying to develop atmospheric enrichment techniques in order to produce habitable planetary environments, so far with fruitless endeavors.
- You are a member of the crew. You could be the savior of this ship.
- In an attempt to bring my dream game to fruition, I have spent the last two years developing my skills as a 3D artist.
- This project will essentially be a hobby project aiming to refine skills and bring new and imaginative concepts to a video game. Other details can be discussed later.
- UDK or Unity most likely. I will discuss options with the programmer.
- One programmer
- I only want to work with one fully capable programmer to avoid the mind-numbing effect of micromanagement of staff this early in the project.
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- AIM: arcubilis
- MSN: email@example.com
Thank you for your time,