• Create Account

AGB SDK + Linux?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 lse   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 07 September 2001 - 02:29 AM

This time I'm wondering if the official Nintendo AGB SDK can be used on Linux workstations or are there any components that require Windows? I realize the APIs probably work well in both but I've understood the kit contains other handy tools as well - are these Windows only? I'd like to keep Microsoft as far from my development team (still in planning) as possible. BTW, there was earlier discussion that an official SDK costs around £9k, is this for _each_ programming workstation? - Lasse Edited by - lse on September 7, 2001 9:33:23 AM

Sponsor:

#2 mlambert   GDNet+   -  Reputation: 562

Posted 07 September 2001 - 03:58 AM

Hi,

I''m not sure about the linux side, the libs should be fine but I''ve never tried the tools out with it...I should imagine that if not, someone would have a fix or new tools.

As for the cost, I''m afraid that''s for each kit. It depends how you want to play it, you can get linkers/flash carts for a fraction of the price, but they are (of course) not completely ideal.

Unless you split the difference, go for one kit for the hardware emulator and debugging enviroment and go for linkers/carts to actually work with? (obviously that''s assuming you are all in the same office or, at least, area).

Marc Lambert

marc@darkhex.com

#3 lse   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 07 September 2001 - 11:01 AM

Marc, thanks again for the great advice!

I already heard from another source that Linux should be fine. As for the cost, I guess we''ll first have to think of a way to convince the publisher to boot the SDK bill for each programmer. My gut tells me that the £9k saved from the second kit can easily disappear in lost efficiency - you know, programmers fight with the work environment instead of making the game -> the project slips, we pay more salaries and as a bonus, the publisher will be upset... hmm, I bet the publisher won''t see this beforehand, though. They''ll probably say one kit is enough, then blame us for slipping, right?

-Lasse

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS