where to go from here

Started by
1 comment, last by Darego 13 years ago
hey guys. i'm just about finished 2 semesters of java in college and i was wondering where i could go from here. i would like to start some game programming but i'm not sure where to start. i seen some great beginner gaming tutorials from LazyFoo but they were for C++. maybe there's some tutorials like that except for java?

any advice would be great! thanks for the feedback :rolleyes:
Advertisement
[font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=2]Hmm some people would argue with me, but i dont really think that java is language for game programming. Atleast it is not as popular as C++ or even C#.[/font][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=2]There are some books in amazon for java game programming you can check em out. Also there is api provided for creating 3d games with java - java3d and also java2d for 2d java games.[/font][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=2]I am sorry that i cant provide tutorials or something simply because i am more C++ fan.[/font]
Thanks for the reply mate. I will be eventually doing C++ in third year in college and C# in fourth year. I don't think it would be smart of me to start on C++ now when I'm not totally competent with java. I have a goal for the next year try make and make a 2d game, to try get my programming skills up but only if it's possible with java of course :mellow: Here is a picture of how I would like the game to eventually look. (I know there is a lot of graphics and stuff involved but it's part of the learning process I suppose)

zezenia.JPG

Anymore tips/links/advice on how to proceed would be great!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement