• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Windows API "Playsound" not working.......

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
22 replies to this topic

#21 ankhd   Members   -  Reputation: 1323

0Likes

Posted 07 April 2011 - 04:19 AM

Hi again Just tryed it, in my app and it worked for me.

Try calling

// Init COM so we can use CoCreateInstance

CoInitializeEx(NULL, COINIT_MULTITHREADED);

and when you close the app you need to call this must do it or else...

// Cleanup COM

CoUninitialize();

Sponsor:

#22 DoctorGlow   Members   -  Reputation: 824

0Likes

Posted 07 April 2011 - 05:37 AM

To add, I'm also very angry and upset and unsatisfied at the help I've been getting here.

I provided the complete code, all-around info, and no help. I've been at this for 3 weeks now and still can't even hear a sound being played in a window, sadly....It really pisses me off and I'm tired of not getting any real help.

On behalf of entire Gamedev, I'd like to apologize for not meeting your expectation of getting FREE help from us. To improve our response and serve YOU better in the future, we'll provide Pay-Pal account for your to deposit funds to get prefered treatment.

#23 BB1995   Members   -  Reputation: -41

-3Likes

Posted 09 April 2011 - 07:13 PM

On behalf of entire Gamedev, I'd like to apologize for not meeting your expectation of getting FREE help from us. To improve our response and serve YOU better in the future, we'll provide Pay-Pal account for your to deposit funds to get prefered treatment.

K-I-S-S M-Y A-S-S.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS