Where to find artists?

Started by
3 comments, last by shipraider 12 years, 11 months ago
I have an iPhone game that is nearing completion from a technical standpoint, but currently I'm just using basic "coder art"(see picture) for all of the in game graphics. Does anybody have any suggestions as to where I can search for artists? It's basic 2D sprites/animations. I'm willing to pay for quality work, just need to find somebody that's willing, able and reliable.

Thanks,
Beardo
Advertisement

I have an iPhone game that is nearing completion from a technical standpoint, but currently I'm just using basic "coder art"(see picture) for all of the in game graphics. Does anybody have any suggestions as to where I can search for artists? It's basic 2D sprites/animations. I'm willing to pay for quality work, just need to find somebody that's willing, able and reliable.

Thanks,
Beardo

deviantArt, they have a section for that, I was also looking for art to an iPhone game, today I wrote a thread there and within one hour I got about 20 emails. Beware that some of them ask excessive prices tough, but sometimes their quality justifies it.
Someone else told me about deviantart, I looked and didn't see a forum to post anything. I go back today, and I finally see it. I don't know if I was just blind the other day. Thanks!
If you are looking for map specific styled graphics, www.cartographersguild.com has a map request forum. I've seen many members do inexpensive commissions as they are mostly hobbyists, but the quality is excellent. -Rob A>
Doesn't deviantArt only have a forum for paid gigs? What if you are looking for volunteer work?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement