• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Flash 3D or Adobe Director(Shockwave)

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 xDxReaper   Members   -  Reputation: 97

0Likes

Posted 09 April 2011 - 06:56 AM

Having some difficulty on what are the differences between the two, now. Since Molehill API is near, Flash can do HW 3D also. Out of my search, Director seems to support NVIDIA physics and extensibility.
Flash, not so much. But also on the Adobe web, they dont comment to game development when talking about the Flash product...but do for Adobe Director. Im just a bit confused...

My idea needs 3d capability, networking and physics.

So, what really are the differences between the two products?
What do you reccomend?
Personal experiences?

Thank you.

Sponsor:

#2 xDxReaper   Members   -  Reputation: 97

0Likes

Posted 12 April 2011 - 05:22 AM

Bumpin^

Its been a few days. Anyone has anything to share? Any experiences with Molehill API or Adobe Director?
I dont wanna put down about a grand and then realise it was a wrong decision.
I googled and googled but all the news where old, thats why I ask. Its like Adobe Director is not much of an option anymore? Yet, its advertised as Adobe's Game Development ''platform''.

Any help would be greatly apreciated! Thanks.

#3 johnhattan   Staff   -  Reputation: 2336

0Likes

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:52 PM

Director hasn't seen a substantial update in quite some time, and with the new Flash 3D features, it's looking like a very dead end. If you're looking at 3D authoring right now, check out Unity. Otherwise wait for Molehill.

Bumpin^

Its been a few days. Anyone has anything to share? Any experiences with Molehill API or Adobe Director?
I dont wanna put down about a grand and then realise it was a wrong decision.
I googled and googled but all the news where old, thats why I ask. Its like Adobe Director is not much of an option anymore? Yet, its advertised as Adobe's Game Development ''platform''.

Any help would be greatly apreciated! Thanks.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS