• Create Account

Direct3D and turning off all the lights

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 NightShade   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 05 January 2000 - 03:05 AM

Hi everyone. I am programming a game in Direct3D (Imm. mode) DirectX 7. Normally, I have a single directional light to light the scene. If I turn the RGB values down it gets darker. The weird part is that I can''t achieve pitch blackness even if I never enable this light. I am setting the D3DRENDERSTATE_LIGHTING state to TRUE, and the D3DRENDERSTATE_AMBIENT state to Zero. I take my main light and instead of doing a LightEnable(true) I do a false (meaning turn the freaking thing off!) The lighting that does occur when I have my light off looks ambient, as I see no shadows over a bumpy terrain. The polys in the terrain are being textured with a normal (non alpha blended) texture, with a single stage, where the arguments are D3DTA_TEXTURE and D3DTA_DIFFUSE, and the op is D3DTOP_MODULATE. It''s my belief that the Diffuse value should be zero, so the result of the modulate op should produce zero. Could someone please shed some darkness on this problem? Thanks for reading, -ns

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS