• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Lazy Foo' SDL Tutorials

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 jaimcm   Members   -  Reputation: 100

0Likes

Posted 26 April 2011 - 05:54 AM

Hey,

I've just started the above mentioned tutorials using Command Line (MinGW) (having used it for nothing other than core C++ and use of STL in the past) and have a question about the linker options provided.

-lmingw32 : I've never had to use this before and was just wondering, what is it? why is it neccessary for my small test project to successfully compile.

-lSDLmain : This one I'm not too sure of at all. I haven't even provided the compiler with an include or lib directory for the SDL files. How does it know where to look?
-lSDL : Looking more for confirmation on this one. Does the linker know what im asking for here as the SDL.dll is present in the directory?

** After some further research into this, I'm now aware of the reason why the linker succeeds with the above scored through options. I put the SDL headers and libs within the minGW include and lib directories. I'm still unsure of the '-lmingw32' **

Sorry for my sheer newb-ness but I have to start somewhere I suppose.
Thanks.
Hopes up High - Head down Low

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS