• Create Account

Interested in forming a company?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
26 replies to this topic

#1 Kelsey Roden   Members   -  Reputation: 92

Posted 26 April 2011 - 06:45 PM

Brief description:
You must be eighteen years of age or older to be considered for this oppourtunity.
I am working towards establishing a company that will develop technology, video games, and software.

Target aim:
I would like to gather a team of like-minded people that share the same goal as I have: to develop our skills, gain teamwork experience, collaborate on the different aspects of the company, expand the company and its products, and have a good time doing so. Depending on the skill levels of the team members we would adjust our plans accordingly. If we do not work on a game or technology right from the start we would at least hold meetings and discuss our plan of action and make preparations.

The plan I have is to first come up with a good business plan, make preparations for our plans and then possibly come up with a good game series concept that can span over the course of a single-player role-playing game, a multi-player role-playing game, and then a massively multi-player role-playing game. We might introduce the game and features with a single-player game, get more detailed with the multi-player game, and then fully explore the concept with a massively multi-player
game. We would also work on our gaming hardware( handheld and/or console system(s) ). This is all of course open for discussion.

Compensation:
There is no pay presently. This would start for everybody as a hobby. We would all decide on a fair pay system for when profits were reached.

Technology:
Our target systems would possibly start with PCs and expand to our console and/or handheld system(s).

Talent needed:
Anybody interested, list your current skills and the skills you will be developing. Your current tasks would be equivalent to your knowledge, experience, and motivation.

Team structure:
I am the only person involved with this project currently.
What I do right now is develop my current skills and look forward to greatly improving my skills in college this upcoming summer semester and each following semester.

www.twodimensionalgames.com

Contacts:
You can respond via this thread, a private message through this forum, or through the above web site's
Contact Us page.

Previous Work by Team:
I've worked on a single-player role-playing game, a massively multi-player role-playing
game, world editor for the first two projects, and a pixel art drawing tool as practice.
I can get files together for demos if they're requested.

Additional Info:
Currently I program in Java with beginning and intermediate experience, which I improve on nearly every day. I started learning Java approximately two years ago with practice on a single-player role-playing game, a massively multi-player
role-playing game, and an application to assist in making terrain-tile pixel art(very recently).

I am learning to play the keyboard, synthesizer, and guitar for music and sound effects.

I have some skills in game design although they are not professional. I've spent ten or so years designing a game concept. I'm not going to have these designs rule the team. We can come up with something together, although I may throw in some of those old ideas from time to time for discussion just as everyone would be able to do with their own ideas.

I have no
technology engineering knowledge or experience but I will soon with some school courses coming up.

I have little web development skills. I will be developing those skills.

I like writing short stories and have a little experience in
story-writing. I am developing those skills currently.

I have very little experience with art. I am developing those skills currently.

I have no team management experience other than reading most of the book "The Indie Game Development Survival Guide". I will possibly be developing those skills.
I have no business or law knowledge or experience. I will be developing those skills.

All of the skills or lack of are highly interesting topics for me and I will be learning as much as possible in the upcoming semesters of school.

I am greatly motivated, determined, and
persistent. I am very passionate about my interests. I am willing to learn new skills including new programming languages that may be required to delve into the technology we require. I have good problem solving skills, and I think I'm pretty easy to get along with. If you're interested in keeping in contact with me but do not want to join the team right now feel free to do so and I can keep you posted on my( or the team's) progress.

ANY

Sponsor:

#2 shadow9903   Members   -  Reputation: 49

Posted 27 April 2011 - 06:06 AM

I would like to form a team

#3 Hardcharger   Members   -  Reputation: 151

Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:49 AM

I think the word you're looking for is forming a "team" not a company.

#4 Kelsey Roden   Members   -  Reputation: 92

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:12 AM

I think the word you're looking for is forming a "team" not a company.

Thank you Hardcharger, a team right now, and some kind of company when we get to that point.

#5 Kelsey Roden   Members   -  Reputation: 92

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:54 AM

I would like to add this to the thread. My main area of focus to start with is two-dimensional games. I am highly interested in three-dimensional games but I would like to start closer to where the origins of video games came from.

#6 Amaz1ng   Members   -  Reputation: 131

Posted 27 April 2011 - 12:31 PM

Hey what's up I'm always looking to work w/ new people. I also have extensive web design experience. I will pm you or you can even email me/send me a message on my forums. Check my sig.
http://innercirclegames.freeforums.org
Email me at: innercirclegames@hotmail.com

#7 sunandshadow   Moderators   -  Reputation: 5059

Posted 27 April 2011 - 12:46 PM

Hey what's up I'm always looking to work w/ new people. I also have extensive web design experience. I will pm you or you can even email me/send me a message on my forums. Check my sig.

A difficulty with starting with 2D games and later switching to 3D games is that most artists do all 2D work or all 3D work. So if you switch from one to the other you may need to change out your whole art staff (which the ones who have been with you for a while may be unhappy about).

Phone game idea available free to someone who will develop it (Alphadoku game - the only existing phone game of this type is both for windows phone only and awful. PM for details.)

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

#8 Kioder   Members   -  Reputation: 106

Posted 27 April 2011 - 01:12 PM

What a coincidence, I happen to be a writer looking for a team.

austin.jordanr@yahoo.com

#9 Kelsey Roden   Members   -  Reputation: 92

Posted 27 April 2011 - 02:05 PM

I would not consider replacing the founding members of the team and company just to change the style of the art for a project. When the time comes and we want to take on other projects we can expand our team and/or take on additional skills.

#10 Kelsey Roden   Members   -  Reputation: 92

Posted 27 April 2011 - 02:29 PM

I have responded to everybody's interests with a short introductory questionnaire via private message or email, whichever was your preferred method of contact. I will continue to do so promtly as soon as I recieve notifications. Thank you all for your consideration.

#11 RD_G   Members   -  Reputation: 107

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:22 PM

It's good to see people who want to start somewhere; I feel the ones who take initiative even though he or she is unproven are the ones who pull through. Also it's nice that you want to be generalized in terms of skill, but I suggest you pick a skill that you're really good at and hone it.

Well if you want to form a team then help someone on a project. Good luck. :)

#12 Kelsey Roden   Members   -  Reputation: 92

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:17 PM

Thank you RD_G for your post.

With as much time as I spend breathing and eating games I figured I needed to make a move, sort of like... I could keep playing games, dreaming about game concepts, and keeping myself a solo guy for my own programming projects or I could step outside of my room and see who else shares this goal and wants to see what we can accomplish as a team.

My plans currently are to take some classes and see what all of the paths of my interests are about. When someone speaks of something on the team I want to be able to respond with something other than "What are you talking about...". I also think it is a good idea to pick something im really good at and hone it, presently I know I'm good at programming but I need to explore other areas to see where I want to specialize for a good portion of my life.

#13 SabataS   Members   -  Reputation: 138

Posted 28 April 2011 - 05:10 AM

I would not consider replacing the founding members of the team and company just to change the style of the art for a project. When the time comes and we want to take on other projects we can expand our team and/or take on additional skills.

This is only possible if youre a successful company with a lot of movement and even so you may consider cutting out your personnel in order to lower expenses. However if youre first 2D project is popular you'll want to keep artists in place to update it on the go maybe if its online games.

In any case this is not something you need to think of right now, just concentrate in forming a team and learning more of industry and find your best quality in it.

Good luck.
Towns Life Project - Celebrating 3rd Year of Development on 27th June - Towns Life

#14 Kelsey Roden   Members   -  Reputation: 92

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:10 PM

Thank you for the post Sabata S.

I will keep what you said in mind.

#15 ChaoSXDemon   Members   -  Reputation: 96

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:28 PM

Where are you physically on Earth? I'm at Vancouver, Canada. Anyways, I an interested to contribute my knowledge on the technical side. I know C/C++, Java, Haskel, Prolog, Assembly. The only graphics library I am familiar with is the DirectX 10 library. Currently I am learning OpenGL on both C/C++ and JOGL with LWJGL on Java. You may contact me through: ChaoSXDemon@gmail.com
Youtube:
My Channel

Video Lessons:
Java Programming Lessons

Tutorials Written (Not-Active):
Introduction to A.I.

#16 Kelsey Roden   Members   -  Reputation: 92

Posted 29 April 2011 - 05:39 PM

I'm still llooking for at least one artist and music composer.

#17 Caldenfor   Members   -  Reputation: 323

Posted 29 April 2011 - 07:16 PM

Feedback on When Pigs Fly:

I didn't give it long of course due to being at work, but the first thing I noticed was the choice of keys for movement; ESDF, is there any reason why you wouldn't want to use the typical WASD movement keys?

#18 Kelsey Roden   Members   -  Reputation: 92

Posted 29 April 2011 - 07:45 PM

Yes there is a reason why I want to use different home keys for the typical WASD positioning. Its not major in that short game but it perhaps will be in larger-scale games. It will be something I discuss further with the team when we work on game design. I can tell you that I'm wanting to move the left-hand fingers over to give your hands a little easier time accessing keys.

#19 Caldenfor   Members   -  Reputation: 323

Posted 29 April 2011 - 08:08 PM

Yes there is a reason why I want to use different home keys for the typical WASD positioning. Its not major in that short game but it perhaps will be in larger-scale games. It will be something I discuss further with the team when we work on game design. I can tell you that I'm wanting to move the left-hand fingers over to give your hands a little easier time accessing keys.

Okay, just making sure there was a reason and you don't need to explain it further as I know why you are doing it now.

If you need any non-programming/art/music related thoughts I have plenty of them.

WASD worked great when you didn't have a lot of need for extra keys, but things have gotten more complicated since the old days, just don't over complicate them =0.

#20 Valmon   Members   -  Reputation: 100

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:15 PM

hello there,I'd eventually be interested in joining your team as music composer. I'm in a hurry now so don't hesitate to pm or mail me ;-)

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS