• Create Account

Lib theora Player + Fmod|DirectSound

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 Keiro   Members   -  Reputation: 100

0Likes

Posted 27 April 2011 - 04:09 AM

Hi everyone !

I use the libtheoraplayer to include video payback into a game (http://www.gamedev.net/topic/557959-theora-playback-library-10-rc1/page__p__4610652__hl__theora__fromsearch__1).
The sample on the lib use openAL to read sound but I should use Fmod or directly DirectSound..

Does someone has already developed the necessary classes for this operation (through the library of course)?
Or can someone give me a little help on the dévleoppement of these classes?

Thank you in advance

Keiro

Sponsor:

#2 Jamoflaw   Members   -  Reputation: 132

0Likes

Posted 27 April 2011 - 01:41 PM

Its a really good library that one. I have used it for my engine, but I have used OpenAL, I moved from DirectSound due to it being depreciated and it was a good exercise to develop the audio engine! I believe that the library just gives you chunks of memory to play with?
Jamohttp://www.cursingcaroline.co.uk

#3 Keiro   Members   -  Reputation: 100

0Likes

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:23 AM

Indeed, it is a good library. And actually, it gives me a memory buffer containing the decoded data via insertData() function. But first, I did not feel it gives us the size of this buffer. Then, after several test with Fmod and DirectSound, I don't understand how it works. That's why I asked if anyone had already done ^ ^

#4 sirlemonhead   Members   -  Reputation: 184

0Likes

Posted 11 May 2011 - 01:47 PM

I always found DirectSounds buffer system a pain for video. I've my own Theora player and I ended up just using XAudio2 which was a hell of a lot easier to get working. It'll work a lot like OpenAL too.. any reason you're sticking with DirectSound?

#5 kspes   Members   -  Reputation: 101

0Likes

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:14 PM

Hi,

I'm the author of the library, glad to see you like it :)

How'd this end up? Did you manage to solve your problem? Basically the library gives you audio chunks which you can then feed to DirectSound or whatever. I use OpenAL, SDL_mixer and DirectSound and it works flawlessly in all of them

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS