• Create Account

Isometric Tileset

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 Darkening   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 05 January 2000 - 08:01 AM

I just started a new isometric engine and I would like to know where I could find some tileset so I can test my engine without my crappy tiles I made myself...

Sponsor:

#2 Dak Lozar   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 08 January 2000 - 10:51 AM

What size tiles are you looking for?
I may be able to help.

David "Dak Lozar" Loeser
bcs@iglou.com

#3 Darkening   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 08 January 2000 - 11:18 AM

I''ll probably use 64x32 for the final version but any will do while I''m coding the engine.

#4 Bracket   Members   -  Reputation: 240

Posted 09 January 2000 - 03:05 AM

I''ve had a lot of success using textures from www.freetextures.com; admittedly, I tend to use polygon rendering so square textures are immediately appropriate, but its not hard to rotate/resize tiles in an art package if you want diamond shaped tiles with a colour keyed background suitable for blitting. Of course you get some distortion because of rotating/resizing, but it doesn''t seem to matter too much in games. The alternative is to render a big scene and cut tiles out of it!

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS