Red MMORPG Idea

Started by
6 comments, last by wolf9891 12 years, 11 months ago
Ok, the big mystery debunked. The alpha beta zeta nda removed from my lips. I will give a basic overview for my mmorpg idea. I do not care about ppl trying to mimic it, design off it, patent it, or w.e. The way this works is in the setup and distribution of the product.

Basic Concepts

1. You start off at 0 Prerecorded Era right when everything is born fresh and a new, and you play and build the storyline from the ground up based entirely on your play style.
2. Your interactions with the environment, mini games, killing animals, quest npcs, items, skills, dungeons, what you do in your guild, party, crafting, free time, pvp, affects the way the world is.
3. You create your own race, look, appearance, armors, items, skills, pets, mounts, cities, quests, dungeons, mini games, puzzles, pvp, zones, enemies, allies, shops, jobs, crafting, guilds, fortes, anything else in custom Sandboxes designed for player usability and fluidity.
4. The entire PVP and PVE combat is fluid flow and transition from instant PVP to instant PVE (not instanced). There are no hiccups in combat transition to mini game transition. The entire game must flow smoothly.
5. Each mini game must be exactly catered and driven by the storyline and current plot of the game. The entire game will transition flawlessly between combat, mini games, item crafting, PVP, mounting, skill usage, Trade, party requests, guild wars, guild meetings, gm sponsored events, and more. There are rewards for those that obey the laws of good, and there are penalties for those that obey the laws of evil.
6. There will be no lag, or server down times unexpected. We will give a week in advance to alert players of any server downtime. Unexpected connection lag, and or server downtime will result in direct and immediate player compensation of their chosen reward.
7. No unfair player from Game Masters or current Customer Support Members. They currently will assist with 5 star customer support and will be there to server the player base and community with pride and excellence.
8. The customer support ticket system will also offer a direct personal approach. Direct contact to meet and satisfy the customers needs resulting in a 5 star rating of quality and excellence from bug reports to general questions asked and answered.

Now technically some of you want a massive wall of text for a storyline. That is not what I am going to provide for this post. The users create most of the content for themselves. That's the entire idea for Sandbox games. I will, however provide some of the storyline content that the user can not provide themselves due to it being out of their control. Below is some of the concept of the story that I will be using.

Storyline

In 0 PRE you are born on the world of Kriirysia from the being that created that world. This world is a holding world for the creatures that were created to be spread across the galaxy from world to world. Mysteriously the being that created that world and galaxy decides that he wishes to live among the people he placed on Kiirysia. Instead of spreading all his wonderful creations across the galaxy, he leaves them and himself on the planet. The other planets were populated with creatures as planned, but instead of erasing them from Kriirysia hes leaves them there. The planet becomes the point of origin for life across the entire Galaxy. The world then thirves with life. As the story is progressed by the community, episode 2 locks episode 1 1,513 years later. This is when the original characters are already deceased and the players must make new characters.

Additional Comments and Information

I see a guild wars style theme here, play on 1 expansion, you cant play your characters in the other expansion. That would be silly, having your ancestors alive when you are alive. The story is created through a sandbox the player is given to use. Yeah, there is still quest texts, puzzles, lots of good fights to be won, but the player has full control over that. It's something that the players want, and yes it will deliver. As for graphics, that will solely depend on how much income I generate with my other ventures and if and when I start development on this work. I will be providing a team with what they need, hiring from both colleges and industrial professionals alike. I want the team to be balanced, and most importantly we want quality over quantity. I can't say it will take $30M and 5 years to create, but I can say it won't take millions hours for coders to create. I want to use Atlas Technologies from Epic Games along side the Unreal Engine 3. If Crytek offers logical and sound 5 star support for their Cryengine 3 then I will think about switching to that and Photon backbone server support. Atlas Technologies is rumored to be priced at $2-$3M dollars, around 300k sales of a $20 game on Steam, includes their cut of sales and any additional royalties that may be included.

As for technology wise I want to run 20x T48 internet connections with around 56 Ultra tech servers ranging from $90k spec cost to $110k spec cost, with the ability to host thousands of players simultaneously. Customer support will be handled by 10-30 members based on population. Server administration from IT support will be based around 20-30 members full time support of the the hardware hosting the shards and the server line connections handling them. Back up servers are planned for reserve outages alongside daily backups of information stored properly in data centers.

Ending Comments

Feedback is nice. You can leave some if you want. Looking forward to reading some comments about this. Also as a side note, this is fully dedicated to all those people interested in what I saw in a mmorpg. It's not to build a game my way, it's to build a game for the people.

~Red
Failure is simply denying the truth and refusing to adapt for success. Failure is synthetic, invented by man to justify his laziness and lack of moral conduct. What truely lies within failure is neither primative or genetic. What failure is at the heart, is man's inability to rise and meet the challenge. Success is natural, only happening when man stops trying to imitate a synthetic or imaginable object. Once man starts acting outside his emotional standpoints, he will stop trying to imitate synthetic or imaginable objects called forth by the replication of his emptiness inside his mind. Man's mind is forever idle and therefore shall call forth through the primitives of such subconscious thoughts and behaviors that Success is unnatural and that failure is natural. Success is simply doing something at man's full natural abilities and power, failure is the inability to act on what man wants, dreams, wishes, invisions, or thinks himself to do. ~ RED (concluded when I was 5 years old looking at the world with wide eyes)
Advertisement

Ok, the big mystery debunked. The alpha beta zeta nda removed from my lips. I will give a basic overview for my mmorpg idea. I do not care about ppl trying to mimic it, design off it, patent it, or w.e. The way this works is in the setup and distribution of the product.

Basic Concepts

1. You start off at 0 Prerecorded Era right when everything is born fresh and a new, and you play and build the storyline from the ground up based entirely on your play style.
2. Your interactions with the environment, mini games, killing animals, quest npcs, items, skills, dungeons, what you do in your guild, party, crafting, free time, pvp, affects the way the world is.
3. You create your own race, look, appearance, armors, items, skills, pets, mounts, cities, quests, dungeons, mini games, puzzles, pvp, zones, enemies, allies, shops, jobs, crafting, guilds, fortes, anything else in custom Sandboxes designed for player usability and fluidity.
4. The entire PVP and PVE combat is fluid flow and transition from instant PVP to instant PVE (not instanced). There are no hiccups in combat transition to mini game transition. The entire game must flow smoothly.
5. Each mini game must be exactly catered and driven by the storyline and current plot of the game. The entire game will transition flawlessly between combat, mini games, item crafting, PVP, mounting, skill usage, Trade, party requests, guild wars, guild meetings, gm sponsored events, and more. There are rewards for those that obey the laws of good, and there are penalties for those that obey the laws of evil.
6. There will be no lag, or server down times unexpected. We will give a week in advance to alert players of any server downtime. Unexpected connection lag, and or server downtime will result in direct and immediate player compensation of their chosen reward.
7. No unfair player from Game Masters or current Customer Support Members. They currently will assist with 5 star customer support and will be there to server the player base and community with pride and excellence.
8. The customer support ticket system will also offer a direct personal approach. Direct contact to meet and satisfy the customers needs resulting in a 5 star rating of quality and excellence from bug reports to general questions asked and answered.

Now technically some of you want a massive wall of text for a storyline. That is not what I am going to provide for this post. The users create most of the content for themselves. That's the entire idea for Sandbox games. I will, however provide some of the storyline content that the user can not provide themselves due to it being out of their control. Below is some of the concept of the story that I will be using.

Storyline

In 0 PRE you are born on the world of Kriirysia from the being that created that world. This world is a holding world for the creatures that were created to be spread across the galaxy from world to world. Mysteriously the being that created that world and galaxy decides that he wishes to live among the people he placed on Kiirysia. Instead of spreading all his wonderful creations across the galaxy, he leaves them and himself on the planet. The other planets were populated with creatures as planned, but instead of erasing them from Kriirysia hes leaves them there. The planet becomes the point of origin for life across the entire Galaxy. The world then thirves with life. As the story is progressed by the community, episode 2 locks episode 1 1,513 years later. This is when the original characters are already deceased and the players must make new characters.

Additional Comments and Information

I see a guild wars style theme here, play on 1 expansion, you cant play your characters in the other expansion. That would be silly, having your ancestors alive when you are alive. The story is created through a sandbox the player is given to use. Yeah, there is still quest texts, puzzles, lots of good fights to be won, but the player has full control over that. It's something that the players want, and yes it will deliver. As for graphics, that will solely depend on how much income I generate with my other ventures and if and when I start development on this work. I will be providing a team with what they need, hiring from both colleges and industrial professionals alike. I want the team to be balanced, and most importantly we want quality over quantity. I can't say it will take $30M and 5 years to create, but I can say it won't take millions hours for coders to create. I want to use Atlas Technologies from Epic Games along side the Unreal Engine 3. If Crytek offers logical and sound 5 star support for their Cryengine 3 then I will think about switching to that and Photon backbone server support. Atlas Technologies is rumored to be priced at $2-$3M dollars, around 300k sales of a $20 game on Steam, includes their cut of sales and any additional royalties that may be included.

As for technology wise I want to run 20x T48 internet connections with around 56 Ultra tech servers ranging from $90k spec cost to $110k spec cost, with the ability to host thousands of players simultaneously. Customer support will be handled by 10-30 members based on population. Server administration from IT support will be based around 20-30 members full time support of the the hardware hosting the shards and the server line connections handling them. Back up servers are planned for reserve outages alongside daily backups of information stored properly in data centers.

Ending Comments

Feedback is nice. You can leave some if you want. Looking forward to reading some comments about this. Also as a side note, this is fully dedicated to all those people interested in what I saw in a mmorpg. It's not to build a game my way, it's to build a game for the people.

~Red

Interesting... game? As a player, what am I actually playing?
You have a monthly income high enough to pay for a developer team and 50-70 support staff and several dozen high-end servers, and you can easily yank out 2-3 millions for third party licenses for a project that has not even started, and you don't consider retiring on your own caribbean isle? Holy. I admire your determination. If I was that rich, I would not work one more day in my life.

On a more serious note, do you not think that this endeavour might be somewhat, well I'm trying to avoid saying "unrealistic", so I'll instead say "very high risk investment" for your money (assuming that you're serious about the numbers)?

You have a monthly income high enough to pay for a developer team and 50-70 support staff and several dozen high-end servers, and you can easily yank out 2-3 millions for third party licenses for a project that has not even started, and you don't consider retiring on your own caribbean isle? Holy. I admire your determination. If I was that rich, I would not work one more day in my life.

On a more serious note, do you not think that this endeavour might be somewhat, well I'm trying to avoid saying "unrealistic", so I'll instead say "very high risk investment" for your money (assuming that you're serious about the numbers)?

Dont mean to be rude but ignorance is bliss huh,his idea is possible completely.You dont need millions or 50~100 support staff o_0 where are you getting these numbers btw.If you can use a engine like the UDK to get your game done,know how to model,(UCC coding) then your good.Learn everything about the udk you will zoom by with your idea but i would never recommend a MMORPG for the UDK if you dont have the full license.But using unity is perfectly fine also,but if you really think that you need a high income to support these ideas then this community has warped your brain and or you havent done your research into what the engines do and how easy it is to design a freaking lvl o_0.

I like how stupid you are. You don't need 50-70 coders for that anymore. Have you taken a look at Exit Games Photon (3,500$ for up to 300,000 concurrent users without lag)? Have you taken a look at Big World Tech (2M concurrent users without lag at the Indie Source Price of $3,000)? Have you even searched Google at all for other networking solutions? These solutions provide basic architecture for you to create your game on a network scale. Unlike the 99% fail that posts on here, I don't want to repeat their footsteps and fail by making my stuff from scratch. I like how ignorant you are, it makes me giggle. As in funding if you really want to know, I have planned it to come from Steam Sales from the 3D games I will be submitting mid May. Take 30M accounts registered on Steam and apply 1% that would buy your game of 3 months time resulting in 300k sales. You're welcome to buy some of my games from Steam, so that I may complete my MMOG dream that much sooner. :D
Failure is simply denying the truth and refusing to adapt for success. Failure is synthetic, invented by man to justify his laziness and lack of moral conduct. What truely lies within failure is neither primative or genetic. What failure is at the heart, is man's inability to rise and meet the challenge. Success is natural, only happening when man stops trying to imitate a synthetic or imaginable object. Once man starts acting outside his emotional standpoints, he will stop trying to imitate synthetic or imaginable objects called forth by the replication of his emptiness inside his mind. Man's mind is forever idle and therefore shall call forth through the primitives of such subconscious thoughts and behaviors that Success is unnatural and that failure is natural. Success is simply doing something at man's full natural abilities and power, failure is the inability to act on what man wants, dreams, wishes, invisions, or thinks himself to do. ~ RED (concluded when I was 5 years old looking at the world with wide eyes)
So um... I didn't come here for the economics of it all, because really, I never believe them until I see them.

I also don't believe that it is necessary to go calling people stupid.

What is the game that is to be played? That is the question.

[quote name='samoth' timestamp='1304860000' post='4808063']

I like how stupid you are. You don't need 50-70 coders for that anymore. Have you taken a look at Exit Games Photon (3,500$ for up to 300,000 concurrent users without lag)? Have you taken a look at Big World Tech (2M concurrent users without lag at the Indie Source Price of $3,000)? Have you even searched Google at all for other networking solutions? These solutions provide basic architecture for you to create your game on a network scale. Unlike the 99% fail that posts on here, I don't want to repeat their footsteps and fail by making my stuff from scratch. I like how ignorant you are, it makes me giggle. As in funding if you really want to know, I have planned it to come from Steam Sales from the 3D games I will be submitting mid May. Take 30M accounts registered on Steam and apply 1% that would buy your game of 3 months time resulting in 300k sales. You're welcome to buy some of my games from Steam, so that I may complete my MMOG dream that much sooner. :D
[/quote]

I really can't wait for you to show all us stupid ignorant people your ridiculous amount of success. I am by no means saying it isn't possible, but you seem to be overly optimistic. Apparently selling hundreds of thousands of copies of a game will be easy for you though since you are, once again, not stupid and ignorant like all of us. I wish I could be such an amazing human being such as yourself.
Here ya go.
Anthony Umfer

[quote name='RedPin' timestamp='1305190174' post='4809712']
[quote name='samoth' timestamp='1304860000' post='4808063']

[/quote]

I really can't wait for you to show all us stupid ignorant people your ridiculous amount of success. I am by no means saying it isn't possible, but you seem to be overly optimistic. Apparently selling hundreds of thousands of copies of a game will be easy for you though since you are, once again, not stupid and ignorant like all of us. I wish I could be such an amazing human being such as yourself.
[/quote]

Atleast you believe in our greatness <3 ill be sure to put you down for a free copy of our game in steam.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement