In the immortal words of MC Hammer, "U Can't Touch This". Take it literally, figuratively, or sideways
- Theme is announced and the contest begins at noon CST, Friday the 13th.
- The contest ends at noon CST, Monday the 16th.
- Submissions platforms are open. I have a Win 7 laptop (with a discrete 3d graphics chipset), an Android phone, and an iPad, so my preference is that the game can run on at least one of them. The majority of judges are probably going to have Windows machines.
- Contestants should post links to any runtimes or whatnot that judges need to download, preferably before the theme is announced. Most people have fast internet connections nowadays, but your game shouldn't require a 100MB+ SDK for judges to download to make your game run.
- Other than the massive platform/SDK/whatever restriction, feel free to use whatever existing code, libraries, or tools you want. The point is to make a game!
Points are evenly distributed between the bullets, so with a '10' being kick ass, each category gets up to 2.5 points.
- First Time User Experience - How easy it is for the player to get rolling with your game. Covers installation and communication with the player on how to play the game.
- Graphics & Audio - Pretty straight forward, do the visuals and sound contribute to or detract from the game?
- Theme - How integral is the contest's theme with the game?
- Fun Factor - Is it an enjoyable gaming experience?
- $50 Amazon gift card
- 2 x Humble Indie Bundle #1
- €10 Amazon gift card
CamJackson's 'Ewe Can't Touch This'
- Game Executable (updated executable)
- Game Folder (Put the updated executable into here)
- VS2010 C++ Runtime
- June 2010 DirectX Runtime
- Rob, The Dumb Ass Robber (ren .txt to .rar)