• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Help Wanted-- 2D Platformer

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
18 replies to this topic

#1 DragonTech   Members   -  Reputation: 186

Posted 12 May 2011 - 01:05 PM

Team name:
TBD, no working name as of yet

Project name:
Mountain Quest.

Brief description:
The project is to build a 2D platformer based on an avatar climbing a mountain through various outside and inside environments and eventually getting to the top of the mountain to fight the final boss.

Target aim:
To publish the game commercially via XBLA, Steam or a similar digital streaming source.

Compensation:
Will offer a percentage of revenue based on contribution, role, and completion of project

Technology:
Visual C++

Directx
Direct3D
3DSMax or Maya for modeling
2D art via GIMP, Paint.net, etc.

Talent needed:
C++/DirectX programmer

Modeler for 3D objects
Artist for 2d sprite creation
Animator

Music composer for sound effects and background music

Team structure:
The team is listed below, I am coding in Visual C++ and Directx.

Programmer added 3/15/2012
Still need additional talent, please contact me if you are interested.

No Website currently
, will create one once we have a working demo

Contacts:
please PM me or respond to this thread and I will reach out to you

Previous Work by Team:
just example programs testing various directx and 2d game engine design
created working version of breakout using VC++ and DirectX

Additional Info:
I am very motivated to finish this game and would like people interested in helping.

We have an SVN repository now and alot of code is complete. We very much need artists for sound and artwork to create content for the game.
Once we have a finished demo, the plan is to use Kickstarter or some other method to get funding to pay everyone and complete the full game.

ANY

Sponsor:

#2 DadTimesTwo   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 13 May 2011 - 10:07 PM

You'll offer a percentage of POTENTIAL revenue? OK, so, figure out how much you think the game will make and send me a check. :)

#3 agentleo   Members   -  Reputation: 173

Posted 13 May 2011 - 10:19 PM

I will actually offer some useful feedback unlike the person above. From you posting It appears you have some beginner knowledge of programming . I would recommend you look at using the unity3D, and thier are a couple of reasons for that . The first is they have an pretty detail guide of creating a 2d game in Unity , and has some scripts you can use in your own game , as a starting point.
Just a wannabe grinding in this game we call Life.

#4 DragonTech   Members   -  Reputation: 186

Posted 14 May 2011 - 06:20 PM

Thank you for the advice, I recently downloaded Unity and I am reading up on it to get familiar. I will look in to the 2D aspects of it, thanks!

#5 cfrankb   Members   -  Reputation: 153

Posted 16 May 2011 - 08:08 PM

You may also want to look up our game construction kit. Unlike Game Maker our approach is OO from the ground and up. Everything is built on top of an event model. You basically just redefine how objects behave by tying some code to in response to an event.

Official Project Homepage

http://www.sassociations.net/cfrankb/lgck?sosa

GameDev thread

http://www.gamedev.net/topic/589726-2d-platform-game---looking-for-talent-to-join-team/

Regards,
Frank B.

--
LGCK Builder: Free Game Construction Kit:
http://cfrankb.com/lgck

#6 leosmithii   Members   -  Reputation: 102

Posted 15 June 2011 - 06:49 PM

Hello there,

I know you are ways away from getting started with major game development. I am here to let you know that when you need a composer for your music, I am here.

A little about myself:
I am a composer who uses Finale (music notation software) to write my music and I would like to join your team. I normally right for Chamber Orchestras and String Orchestras. The genres I usually write are Romantic Era and Classical Era music, although I can to modern Rock, Jazz, etc.. The music I write are foor moods and/or enviorments. And I can do Jingles or full blown symphony style of work. I don't use samples or anything that was already maid. Everything I do is original. How do I right my music? --> I literally write out every note and every marking that a real musician can read. Then I play it back and edit it using Finale. Additionally, because of the program features, all of my music sounds like it has been professionally recorded in a Concert Hall instead of sounding anything like a MIDI file and can be extracted in .wav format.

If you would like to here a sample of my music, go here: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=4a05AxZFtzo. You may need to turm up your volume to here it. And listen to it for more than like 15 seconds (preferably the whole thing) so you can have a grasp on what I am all about.

If you are interested, please contact me at leosmithii@yahoo.com

pseudonym: Leo Smith II

#7 DragonTech   Members   -  Reputation: 186

Posted 15 December 2011 - 12:43 PM

I am restarting this project so anyone interested please send me a message so we can get started.

#8 DragonTech   Members   -  Reputation: 186

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:52 PM

Updated post with additional up to date information

#9 DragonTech   Members   -  Reputation: 186

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:04 AM

Added graphic designer/illustrator to the team.

#10 DragonTech   Members   -  Reputation: 186

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:36 AM

Currently prototyping Unreal and CryEngine as the plan is to build a game not an engine. I will prototype Unity next and then decide which engine to work with. Any suggestions on engine use would be appreciated also.

Thank you as always!

#11 Flump9   Members   -  Reputation: 100

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:52 AM

I'd like to help,as i said on the other post
Name:Jack Bulson
How long i could spend on this a week: 3 - 7 Hours
Why you should hire me:I am not very advanced,but i do know the basics and i am really eager to learn from more advanced people
Other Things: Know some Java

#12 DragonTech   Members   -  Reputation: 186

Posted 25 December 2011 - 03:58 PM

Merry Christmas to all. Still looking for a 3D modeler and a sound engineer/designer for the team. Please let me know if you are interested.

#13 DragonTech   Members   -  Reputation: 186

Posted 07 January 2012 - 09:18 PM

I am starting a company Charred Games to develop this title. This will be the first of many and will be based in New Jersey. I am still looking for programmers, we are using XNA and C# now as well as a sound engineer and modeler. The story is very fleshed out and with the right team we can complete the demo for publishers and take this all the way to full publication I believe. Please contact me if you are interested in joining a team that will grow into a full entertainment development company.

#14 DragonTech   Members   -  Reputation: 186

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:47 AM

We are still looking for 2D artists and a music composer. Please contact me to join the team.

Thanks.

#15 DragonTech   Members   -  Reputation: 186

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:27 AM

We need artists! If you are interested in making a full game and can produce great quality 2d art for backgrounds, foreground objects, animated sprites for the characters and enemies then please respond to this post or send me a PM.

Thanks

#16 double O seven   Members   -  Reputation: 231

Posted 09 February 2012 - 12:03 AM

id be willing to help with this. I use blender and gimp, and a few other tools. Maybe I could lend a hand.

sending you a pm.

#17 DragonTech   Members   -  Reputation: 186

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:44 AM

Happy to have you help!

#18 DragonTech   Members   -  Reputation: 186

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:37 AM

All,
Still looking for artists and modelers as well as a sound engineer. The engine and the framework are well on their way to completion. Need content now more than anything.

For example:
Artwork:
a Knight, either a 2d sprite that can be animated or a 3d model that can be animated and shown in 2D.

Sound:
Sound effects like sword swinging, sword hitting, bow and arrow shooting, speech from the characters
Background music for all aspects and levels

Please contact me if you are interested in helping to complete this demo which will then become a full fledged game.

#19 DragonTech   Members   -  Reputation: 186

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:30 PM

Updated Post with most recent info.

Still need artists and musicians.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS