• Create Account

[mini-MO] Recruiting to finish design phase (80% complete)

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
8 replies to this topic

#1 Farraj   Members   -  Reputation: 152

Posted 18 May 2011 - 07:35 AM

Team name: TechDragon (Not registered)

Project name: Hunt’nOutlaw

Brief description: We’re a small team of beginners that are trying to reach as high as our abilities and ambitions can take us. We’ve only been together for about a month now and managed to produce a game design sold enough to get other people to join in and fill in the gaps that we are unable to fill. The game is more of a fantasy mini-MO-RPG based on the idea of getting players to be more involved in the process of the game play by letting them play the roles of the monsters and NPCs (in exchange for a high bounce in their XP gain). For example, players can become Outlaws and get a giant boost in their XP gain, but in return they become hunted by every other player in the game. I’m not talking about a PvP game, but something more, much more. I’m talking about a game were you don’t just sit there and wait for something to happen, but you can actually go out there and make something happen. A game were we try as much as possible to remove every boring feature that became a standers in every MMO.

This is what we are trying to achieve. But like any other project out there, we’ve reached a point where we need more people involved.

Target aim: Freeware for now. It’s a small project. If we started to see any chance of profit, we’ll break it even.

Compensation: Like stated before, if we get anything out of this, so will you.

Technology: The target language is C++. The rest of the details like libraries/Engines will be decided by the recruited programmer.

Talent needed:
Our design document is about 80% finished. The people we are aiming for should be able finish the rest and design proof what we already have:

Concept Artist: We have a world but we don’t know how it looks. We got classes and weapons but not sure which way is up. We need someone who can put a picture to our title. Someone who can show us are options and make it look presentable.

Writer: We decided on the rules of the game and game play, but we ended up with a world without a background or story. We do have some basic details about our world, but we still need someone to put it all together, and add more. Also, we need someone with good English to proof read our ugly writing.

RPG designer: We need someone with a good background on RPG theories and systems, especially RPG math. Just look at our system and equations and tell us what we are doing wrong.

Code structure and design (programmer): There will be no coding as of yet, but we still need someone to read our design, suggest the best libraries or engines (if any), and most importantly design the structure and classes of our game.

Team structure:
the Crow (Dillon Crow) GMT-5: Team leader, designer, future GM
FarePlay (Farraj) GMT+1: Designer, programmer

Website: None yet. We plan on getting one on when we start development.

Contacts: Contact FarePlay (farraj_al_ajmi@yahoo.com). PMs are good too.

Previous Work by Team: None. This is our first project.

Additional Info: Please try to understand that we are trying to do it right this time and not repeat every mistake out there. We are just trying to put a complete game on paper before we start development. We want to make sure that every step is planned thoroughly before we start moving forward.

Sponsor:

#2 MERKB   Members   -  Reputation: 120

Posted 19 May 2011 - 02:10 PM

I've been trolling these boards looking for a dedicated Unity team. Any chance you would be willing to use that engine?

#3 Farraj   Members   -  Reputation: 152

Posted 21 May 2011 - 12:14 PM

bump

#4 corrifa   Members   -  Reputation: 100

Posted 23 May 2011 - 06:31 PM

I may be able to help depending on what engine you use do you know what your using?

#5 Farraj   Members   -  Reputation: 152

Posted 24 May 2011 - 12:58 AM

I may be able to help depending on what engine you use do you know what your using?

No not yet. There are some really obvious options out there but I don't want to limit our choices just yet. We wanted to complete the code design at least so we know what we need.

#6 Gaven   Members   -  Reputation: 100

Posted 25 May 2011 - 03:38 AM

I may be interested to finish and polish your designs.

Can you tell more about the game's Setting, the dominant atmosphere?
Are you interested to change moderate direction (to a team vs team game*) and postpone the MMO concept to be the "next step"?

*Based on what you have shared it would be very convenient, and would require considerably less people and resources to make it happen.

#7 Farraj   Members   -  Reputation: 152

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:55 AM

I may be interested to finish and polish your designs.

Can you tell more about the game's Setting, the dominant atmosphere?
Are you interested to change moderate direction (to a team vs team game*) and postpone the MMO concept to be the "next step"?

*Based on what you have shared it would be very convenient, and would require considerably less people and resources to make it happen.

We would be happy to add you to our team. Anyone who is willing to help at this level is greatly welcomed.

Team vs. team? You mean a PvP game? Well, if you look at our design from a higher angle, it would look something like that. The game will be hosted on home PCs/Laptops as servers, so the number of players will depend on how much we can squeeze out of each server.

As for the change of direction, nothing is written in stone yet. We can do all the changes we need as long we haven’t started developments yet. We are very open mind here :P

If you are interested, I’ll send you a pm to discuss this further.

Cheers :)

#8 UnityGames9903   Members   -  Reputation: 89

Posted 27 May 2011 - 09:37 PM

As farraj said we are only in the design phase it will not be needed to have it perfect ATM

#9 Farraj   Members   -  Reputation: 152

Posted 30 May 2011 - 12:41 AM

One last final bump.

We managed to get some nice skills on board. This is a last call for anyone who may be interested in joining.

Thank you all for you support :)

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS