• Create Account

Your thoughts on a new book that is being released about making OpenGL games?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 tapir   Members   -  Reputation: 100

0Likes

Posted 20 May 2011 - 11:48 AM

Personally, it looks like an amazing book.
http://www.elsevierdirect.com/ISBN/9780123751034/Essential-3D-Game-Programming

Sponsor:

#2 Rattrap   Members   -  Reputation: 1788

0Likes

Posted 20 May 2011 - 12:05 PM

The chapter break downs make it look interesting. The estimate number of pages listed for each chapter makes me a little skeptical if they are accurate. It looks like they are trying to cram a lot of material into a very small number of pages, in my opinion.

#3 tapir   Members   -  Reputation: 100

0Likes

Posted 20 May 2011 - 01:12 PM

The chapter break downs make it look interesting. The estimate number of pages listed for each chapter makes me a little skeptical if they are accurate. It looks like they are trying to cram a lot of material into a very small number of pages, in my opinion.

It is a book that relies heavily on video tutorials that will be available on the website once the book comes out,

#4 Rattrap   Members   -  Reputation: 1788

0Likes

Posted 20 May 2011 - 01:59 PM

It is a book that relies heavily on video tutorials that will be available on the website once the book comes out,

Ah, I missed that part in the description.

So I guess that bugs the question how much of the "book" are videos and what is to keep me from just watching the videos and not buying the book?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS