• Create Account

Texture transition

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 Vanderry   Members   -  Reputation: 213

0Likes

Posted 26 May 2011 - 11:40 AM

Hey people !

I'm looking for a way to smoothly transition from one texture to another, not like a gradient but rather like fading from one to the other over a time interval. I would also like to use the fixed pipeline. Should I use use blending, render one texture first and then render the other on top using some particular blend func? I haven't figured out how to use those with a fine precision value yet.

Thanks in advance !

- Dave

Sponsor:

#2 haegarr   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4604

1Likes

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:02 PM

Blending yes, but not necessarily on the render target. Have a look at texture combiners.

#3 Vanderry   Members   -  Reputation: 213

0Likes

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:35 PM

Blending yes, but not necessarily on the render target. Have a look at texture combiners.

Interesting... Although when I try out the "Blend tex0 and tex1 based on a blending factor you supply", all my polygons turn out mono-colored and the lighting is gone. Did I mess up or miss some render state change?

#4 Vanderry   Members   -  Reputation: 213

0Likes

Posted 26 May 2011 - 02:20 PM

Guess I should use glMultiTexCoord2f() instead. Now to fix that darn lighting... :P

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS