• Create Account

[Required] 3D Character Modeller and Animator

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
5 replies to this topic

#1 gamesfoundry   Members   -  Reputation: 111

Posted 27 May 2011 - 09:59 PM

Team name:
Games Foundry Limited

Project name:
Beasts and Bumpkins 2

Brief description:
14 years after the release of Beasts and Bumpkins (published in 1997 by Electronic Arts), on which I was the Lead Artist, I started working on the sequel early May 2011. Quite a lot of concept art was created prior to this. It's a level-based fantasy-genre RTS (real time strategy) game featuring resources, buildings, and combat units. Think Settlers crossed with combat elements from Warcraft 3 and Command and Conquer with elements of WoW/Diablo thrown in.

Target aim:
The immediate goal is to produce a one-level proof of concept demo by September 2011. This will be used for community testing the core game dynamics, as well bringing the project to the attention of publishers. Some funding is already secured, but ideally I would aim to get an advance on royalties and the publishers help to polish the game. Alternatively, functionality can be added for micro-payments to buy in-game items, and the project self-published.

Compensation:
Collaboration only, for a share of net profits. I have a worldwide published title under mybelt, and am working on the project full-time. I will consider part-time collaborators.

Technology:
Unity3D. Initial target platforms are standalone PC and Mac.

Talent needed:
3D character modeller and animator, emphasis on animation.
Diffuse and specular maps only. Low poly versions only, no high poly z-brush required.

Team structure:
SimonD - programming, environments, buildings and textures
Oskari - musician

Work in progress video:

Contacts:
info (at) gamesfoundry (dot) com

Previous Work byTeam:
Beasts and Bumpkins (Electronic Arts 1997)

Sponsor:

#2 gamesfoundry   Members   -  Reputation: 111

Posted 10 June 2011 - 01:34 AM

This post is still open.

Development is progressing well. Hopefully the latest weekly dev update video () will tease some of you talented animators into getting in touch.

If you feel you can help in another way, drop me a PM or email with a brief description of what you might contribute.

#3 gamesfoundry   Members   -  Reputation: 111

Posted 17 June 2011 - 05:10 AM

Still not found my character designer and animator... what if I offered $100 per character, and $10 per animation?

#4 RedPin   Banned   -  Reputation: 36

Posted 17 June 2011 - 10:03 AM

Nope. The only way you will find someone to do that for that price is if you find someone desperate for money. On here, I doubt anyone has the skill or experience necessarily to accommodate you.
Failure is simply denying the truth and refusing to adapt for success. Failure is synthetic, invented by man to justify his laziness and lack of moral conduct. What truely lies within failure is neither primative or genetic. What failure is at the heart, is man's inability to rise and meet the challenge. Success is natural, only happening when man stops trying to imitate a synthetic or imaginable object. Once man starts acting outside his emotional standpoints, he will stop trying to imitate synthetic or imaginable objects called forth by the replication of his emptiness inside his mind. Man's mind is forever idle and therefore shall call forth through the primitives of such subconscious thoughts and behaviors that Success is unnatural and that failure is natural. Success is simply doing something at man's full natural abilities and power, failure is the inability to act on what man wants, dreams, wishes, invisions, or thinks himself to do. ~ RED (concluded when I was 5 years old looking at the world with wide eyes)

#5 Dhondon   Marketplace Seller   -  Reputation: 375

Posted 17 June 2011 - 11:09 AM

Try 300-500$ per character and 50$ per animation.

I must say the game looks good. Hope you'll get it out on the market :)

My portfolio: Portfolio @ www.Shadow-Embryo.com 2D/3D Freelance work: GameDev Thread Marketplace Freebie: Toon Goblets

#6 GninjaGnome   Members   -  Reputation: 182

Posted 23 June 2011 - 10:17 AM

Hey, I could use the cash :)

The pay would depend on the complexity of the character, rigs and animation. (I assume you need animation rigs built also.)

There are some examples of my work on Deviant Art. My Gallery

Send me a pm if you're interested. Here or an DA.

Good luck.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS