• Create Account

Find intersection point(s) of two spheres in 3D space

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 Shenjoku   Members   -  Reputation: 160

0Likes

Posted 04 June 2011 - 03:09 PM

As the topic suggests I'm trying to find the intersection point(s) of two spheres in 3D space. I've been browsing around online and have found a few resources but I don't understand the formulas presented so I was hoping someone on here could simplify it a bit. My math is really rusty so this is way harder than it should be...

One solution I found was here but again, I don't understand the formulas. Like for example when he says you use a*x + b*y + c*z = d to find the plane intersecting the two circles, what are all of those values? Is x,y,z the center of the first circle and a,b,c the second circle or something? What do you do with the result, d? I'm just really lost...

EDIT: Never mind, I finally managed to figure it out. Is there a way to delete a topic? I can't find it otherwise I would.

Sponsor:

#2 scgames   Members   -  Reputation: 1977

2Likes

Posted 04 June 2011 - 10:24 PM

Is there a way to delete a topic? I can't find it otherwise I would.

No need to delete - the question and the link you provided may prove useful to someone in the future :)

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS