• Create Account

Wikileaks: no bloodshed inside Tiananmen Square

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
9 replies to this topic

#1 rumble   Members   -  Reputation: 118

Posted 09 June 2011 - 12:25 PM

Anyone catch this?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/wikileaks/8555142/Wikileaks-no-bloodshed-inside-Tiananmen-Square-cables-claim.html

The cables, obtained by WikiLeaks and released exclusively by The Daily Telegraph, partly confirm the Chinese government's account of the early hours of June 4, 1989, which has always insisted that soldiers did not massacre demonstrators inside Tiananmen Square.

Instead, the cables show that Chinese soldiers opened fire on protesters outside the centre of Beijing, as they fought their way towards the square from the west of the city.

Sponsor:

#2 Alpha_ProgDes   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4680

Posted 09 June 2011 - 01:22 PM

Well.... that must be embarassing.
Beginner in Game Development? Read here.

Super Mario Bros clone tutorial written in XNA 4.0 [MonoGame, ANX, and MonoXNA] by Scott Haley

If you have found any of the posts helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking the up arrow on those posts Posted Image

Spoiler

#3 Khaiy   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1342

Posted 09 June 2011 - 02:09 PM

How odd. So a massacre that didn't happen was invented, and a massacre that did happen discounted, in the same area, the same time, and involving the same groups.

#4 way2lazy2care   Members   -  Reputation: 782

Posted 09 June 2011 - 02:15 PM

How odd. So a massacre that didn't happen was invented, and a massacre that did happen discounted, in the same area, the same time, and involving the same groups.

headexplode.gif

#5 Don Carnage   Members   -  Reputation: 616

Posted 10 June 2011 - 08:36 AM

Makes you wonder what other historic events didn't happen exactly as they were reported.
It is I, the spectaculous Don Karnage! My bloodthirsty horde is on an intercept course with you. We will be shooting you and looting you in precisely... Ten minutes. Felicitations!

#6 way2lazy2care   Members   -  Reputation: 782

Posted 10 June 2011 - 08:52 AM

Makes you wonder what other historic events didn't happen exactly as they were reported.

related: the movie "Troy"... actually a documentary. fun fact.

#7 Moe   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1248

Posted 10 June 2011 - 01:08 PM

related: the movie "Troy"... actually a documentary. fun fact.

Sort of like my favourite documentary - Star Wars.

#8 mrchrismnh   Members   -  Reputation: 82

Posted 10 June 2011 - 01:25 PM

Keep in mind that Wikileaks can be used by triple agents to distribute propaganda.
"It's like naming him Asskicker Monstertrucktits O'Ninja" -Khaiy

#9 Dave Astle   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 2305

Posted 10 June 2011 - 11:10 PM

I would assume quite a lot, actually.

#10 owl   Banned   -  Reputation: 364

Posted 10 June 2011 - 11:21 PM

WAIT? Chinese committing genocide? THAT CAN'T BE RIGHT.
I like the Walrus best.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS