• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Order of post processing pipeline

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 wildboar   Members   -  Reputation: 281

0Likes

Posted 18 June 2011 - 06:26 AM

I am about to start adding shaders to my post processing pipeline,
Whats a good order to arrange the shaders in? something like this would be ok?

Light shaft/Godray
Lens flare
SSAO
Bloom
Vignette
DOF
HDR/Gamma correct
Tonemap
FXAA

Can some of these effects be combined into one pass?

Sponsor:

#2 TiagoCosta   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2436

0Likes

Posted 18 June 2011 - 11:02 AM

Are you using a deferred lighting pipeline? if so, SSAO should be calculated before the lighting pass, and then use it in the lighting pass.

#3 wildboar   Members   -  Reputation: 281

0Likes

Posted 18 June 2011 - 11:04 AM

I am not using a deferred pipeline at the moment. I thought about it but since my game is mostly outdoors I only really need 1 light source which is the sun.

#4 harveypekar   Members   -  Reputation: 218

1Likes

Posted 18 June 2011 - 08:52 PM

-HDR isn't a pass. Tonemapping is the part of HDR that's implemented as a postprocess.
-you're more or less "correct" already, as you should do most effects in HDR. You'll pay for it though.
-to fold together passes, just look at it in general (we can't say exactly HOW you'll implement things). Probably vignetting/gammacorrecting can be stuffed into another pass. But since all your convolutions depend on each other, you'll have to store the results somewhere.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS