• Create Account

FREE SOFTWARE GIVEAWAY

We have 4 x Pro Licences (valued at $59 each) for 2d modular animation software Spriter to give away in this Thursday's GDNet Direct email newsletter.

Read more in this forum topic or make sure you're signed up (from the right-hand sidebar on the homepage) and read Thursday's newsletter to get in the running!

lesson35_linux error

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 sahilarora946   Members   -  Reputation: 100

0Likes

Posted 24 June 2011 - 02:36 AM

I was trying the lesson 35 for linux.
I got the following error

lesson35.cpp:93:1: error: ‘StreamInfo’ does not name a type
lesson35.cpp: In function ‘int main(int, char**)’:
lesson35.cpp:117:49: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
lesson35.cpp:120:5: error: ‘streaminfo’ was not declared in this scope
lesson35.cpp: In function ‘void timer_func(int)’:
lesson35.cpp:283:96: error: ‘memcpy’ was not declared in this scope

any help....please

Sponsor:

#2 Katie   Members   -  Reputation: 1375

0Likes

Posted 24 June 2011 - 03:16 AM

"lesson35.cpp:117:49: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’"

That one needs fixing by making the pointer a "const char *" pointer. It's probably a statement saying something like char *foo="wibble"; which is no longer allowed.

That's not really a linuxism, that's a "modern C++ ism".

memcpy is in string.h so put a "#include <string.h>" at the top of that file.

StreamInfo appears to be a microsoft class for something. I'd need to actually look at the code for that one and I'm at work at the moment.

#3 sahilarora946   Members   -  Reputation: 100

0Likes

Posted 24 June 2011 - 03:29 AM

"lesson35.cpp:117:49: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’"

That one needs fixing by making the pointer a "const char *" pointer. It's probably a statement saying something like char *foo="wibble"; which is no longer allowed.

That's not really a linuxism, that's a "modern C++ ism".

memcpy is in string.h so put a "#include <string.h>" at the top of that file.

StreamInfo appears to be a microsoft class for something. I'd need to actually look at the code for that one and I'm at work at the moment.

thanks for the reply
streaminfo problem i solved.
but i am getting some other problem

/tmp/cciW6YPT.o: In function `main':
lesson35.cpp:(.text+0xb7): undefined reference to `avm::CreateReadFile(char const*, unsigned int)'
lesson35.cpp:(.text+0xd2): undefined reference to `avm::CreateReadFile(char const*, unsigned int)'

what i need to do?

#4 Katie   Members   -  Reputation: 1375

0Likes

Posted 24 June 2011 - 10:30 AM

"avm::CreateReadFile(char const*, unsigned int)'"

That's an unusual function signature -- might I suggest checking that you're calling it properly. One might expect the signature to be (const char*,unsigned int) perhaps instead.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS