• Create Account

Glass Effect and material color

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 BboyMasa   Members   -  Reputation: 100

0Likes

Posted 21 July 2011 - 02:41 PM

Hello, I'm a beginner with opengl, I'm making a plasma sphere in opengl, i have a problem with a glass effect...i don't understand how i can have that effect, I suppose that I must work on material illumination property, but I don't know how it is possible because haven't idea how I can edit this parameter in opengl...Can you explain me how i must use to have this effect?

My second question is why when I insert a texture materials colors change and I can't have the effect that I want.

I attach a image of my sphere.

I want to have the glass effect on trasparent sphere. (I used alpha blending to do it);

If you need I can insert my code. To make all object I used quadric with glu (also to map the texture I used gluQuadricTexture, but background is inserted normally with texture position on screen position).

I use OpenGL with C programming language.

Schermata 2011-07-21 a 22.36.21.png

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS