• Create Account

[java] Java Printer Driver

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 abu_alfouz   Members   -  Reputation: 100

0Likes

Posted 25 July 2011 - 08:07 AM

Hi All,

I need a virtual printer (like PDF printer) written in Java. Can anybody help me? What I mean is a virtual printer that when the user print something and choose it from the printing options dialog I want the printed content to be delivered to my Java driver (some class). Any idea?

Thank you.

Sponsor:

#2 The_Neverending_Loop   Members   -  Reputation: 626

1Likes

Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:13 AM

I honestly dont know anything about this specific subject, but....... you might want to look at it in a more abstract level, instead of focusing on finding how to do it in java, find out how to do it in general in any language, as I'am guessing it has more to do with how the printer communicates, when you understand that, then maybe you will have a more clear cut answer, on how to do it in java.

Its kinda like if you asked how to create an XML parser in java, you first have to understand the XML language, and then once you got that down pact then making it in java is trivial as its actually just reading a text file, the work would come in with you programming the routines to recognize the syntax of the text(XML) file. and those are my 2 cents.

#3 abu_alfouz   Members   -  Reputation: 100

0Likes

Posted 28 July 2011 - 06:41 AM

I honestly dont know anything about this specific subject, but....... you might want to look at it in a more abstract level, instead of focusing on finding how to do it in java, find out how to do it in general in any language, as I'am guessing it has more to do with how the printer communicates, when you understand that, then maybe you will have a more clear cut answer, on how to do it in java.

Its kinda like if you asked how to create an XML parser in java, you first have to understand the XML language, and then once you got that down pact then making it in java is trivial as its actually just reading a text file, the work would come in with you programming the routines to recognize the syntax of the text(XML) file. and those are my 2 cents.

You are right thank you, if I have this solution on any language I can manage to convert it to java. The important is to find the solution.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS