• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Don't forget to read Tuesday's email newsletter for your chance to win a free copy of Construct 2!

FPS GAMES SUCK!

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
32 replies to this topic

#1 Tiner   Members   -  Reputation: 97

Posted 26 July 2011 - 12:20 PM

OKAY!!!! I hate to say this but fps games suck. Every fps game I've played from CoD to the Crysis and Halo franchises suck! The only good fps game I know of is Rouge Warrior and that's only because of it graphics and stealth gameplay!

Sponsor:

#2 way2lazy2care   Members   -  Reputation: 782

Posted 26 July 2011 - 12:25 PM

OKAY!!!! I hate to say this but fps games suck. Every fps game I've played from CoD to the Crysis and Halo franchises suck! The only good fps game I know of is Rouge Warrior and that's only because of it graphics and stealth gameplay!

So make a better one.

#3 fastcall22   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4380

Posted 26 July 2011 - 12:26 PM

So don't play FPS games. Go play Peggle or Farmville instead.
c3RhdGljIGNoYXIgeW91cl9tb21bMVVMTCA8PCA2NF07CnNwcmludGYoeW91cl9tb20sICJpcyBmYXQiKTs=

#4 fractor   Members   -  Reputation: 797

Posted 26 July 2011 - 12:29 PM

I don't believe that to be true! The games you mentioned don't "suck" at all, even though I'm not that big of a fun of Crysis. I especially liked the F.E.A.R series, Doom 3 and Return to castle Wolfenstein (these are my favorites). And even though I don't like a game, I still find great elements in almost each and every one of them. That being from a developer point of view. Anyway, it's your opinion.

#5 Drathis   Members   -  Reputation: 141

Posted 26 July 2011 - 12:35 PM

OKAY!!!! I hate to say this but fps games suck. Every fps game I've played from CoD to the Crysis and ...

I'm really happy for you and I'mma let you finish, but rpg's are the worst games of all time. THE WORST GAMES OF ALL TIMES!

#6 szecs   Members   -  Reputation: 2174

Posted 26 July 2011 - 12:50 PM

Troll Threads for ratings yay, rate me up kthxby!!

#7 ApochPiQ   Moderators   -  Reputation: 16064

Posted 26 July 2011 - 01:05 PM

OKAY!!!! I hate to say this but people named Tiner suck. Every person named Tiner I've ever seen from Tiner to Tiner sucks! The only good Tiner I know of is ApochPiQ and that's only because he's not Tiner!

#8 Rodimus   Members   -  Reputation: 127

Posted 26 July 2011 - 01:19 PM

Now, where did that dislike button go ...
"Rodimus and Unity" - My developer journal

#9 benryves   Members   -  Reputation: 1994

Posted 26 July 2011 - 01:26 PM

Rouge Warrior? Sounds like a game about make-up, not guns.

Anyhow, you didn't mention any of my particular favourite shooters - the DOOM and Quake series, Duke Nukem 3D, Shadow Warrior, Blood, or Prey. I'm really enjoying Duke Nukem Forever, too.
[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

#10 Tiner   Members   -  Reputation: 97

Posted 26 July 2011 - 02:19 PM

Anyhow, you didn't mention any of my particular favourite shooters - the DOOM and Quake series, Duke Nukem 3D, Shadow Warrior, Blood, or Prey. I'm really enjoying Duke Nukem Forever, too.

Duke Nukem forever was one of the few fps games I've ever enjoyed. Rouge Warrior is a real game, google it. It's sick. But it was for xbox 360 and consoles suck balls.

#11 Uziel2101   Members   -  Reputation: 165

Posted 26 July 2011 - 02:38 PM

Return To Castle Wolfenstein? Soldier of Fortune 2?
Uziel was defeated by Tiny Mandragora.

#12 ChurchSkiz   Members   -  Reputation: 455

Posted 26 July 2011 - 03:14 PM

More proof we need rate down back...

#13 frob   Moderators   -  Reputation: 22241

Posted 26 July 2011 - 03:28 PM

Rate down is still there for me. Did they add it to the list of GD+ things?

Check out my book, Game Development with Unity, aimed at beginners who want to build fun games fast.

Also check out my personal website at bryanwagstaff.com, where I write about assorted stuff.

#14 JoeCooper   Members   -  Reputation: 338

Posted 26 July 2011 - 03:39 PM

Bwahahhaha... It's Rogue Warrior and I didn't think anyone else had heard of it!

I was actually looking forward to it (cause of the book) but when it came out, everything I read said it was a pile of rubbish in the craftsmanship department. Things like broken AI.

Rouge is French for "Red". Like "Baton Rouge" (the capitol of Louisiana).

Rate down is still there for me

It's locked for us proles.

#15 frob   Moderators   -  Reputation: 22241

Posted 26 July 2011 - 04:24 PM

Bwahahhaha... It's Rogue Warrior and I didn't think anyone else had heard of it!

I was actually looking forward to it (cause of the book) but when it came out, everything I read said it was a pile of rubbish in the craftsmanship department. Things like broken AI.

Rouge is French for "Red". Like "Baton Rouge" (the capitol of Louisiana).

Rate down is still there for me

It's locked for us proles.

Hm..., vote down worked for me. :-)

//EDIT: Oops, sorry, I wanted to vote back up after but forgot that this board doesn't support it. Sorry. I'll ++ a post to counteract it. Maybe that's why it is normally disabled. Posted Image

Check out my book, Game Development with Unity, aimed at beginners who want to build fun games fast.

Also check out my personal website at bryanwagstaff.com, where I write about assorted stuff.

#16 ChurchSkiz   Members   -  Reputation: 455

Posted 26 July 2011 - 04:32 PM

There's some automatic voter enabler registration thingy that mysteriously selects who can and can't rate down. You were chosen by the God of Rate to bestow your curses on the unfortunate.

#17 frob   Moderators   -  Reputation: 22241

Posted 26 July 2011 - 05:34 PM

There's some automatic voter enabler registration thingy that mysteriously selects who can and can't rate down. You were chosen by the God of Rate to bestow your curses on the unfortunate.

Yay! Let the Ratings burn to zero!!

Oh wait, I should use my awesome powers mostly for good.

#18 JoeCooper   Members   -  Reputation: 338

Posted 26 July 2011 - 05:57 PM

lolz, when I said "proles" I meant "not you".

#19 Casey Hardman   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2227

Posted 26 July 2011 - 06:07 PM

Troll Threads for ratings yay, rate me up kthxby!!

ME TOO!

I love how the OP just states things. FPS' suck! Why? What are your points against it?

Must be a troll..

#20 Hodgman   Moderators   -  Reputation: 31047

Posted 26 July 2011 - 06:38 PM

Rouge Warrior is a real game, google it. It's sick.

I think you missed the joke.

p.s. play ArmaII OA with a TrackIR5 - that's an FPS.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS