• Create Account

Creating an image using formulas

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 SRTI   Members   -  Reputation: 100

0Likes

Posted 27 July 2011 - 01:02 PM

Hello everyone,

I am trying to have a program made (in the Help Wanted forum) where I can create transparent glass objects, then test them with a laser tool like this existing program:Bending light.jpg

I need to be able to make unusual shapes like these: shapes.jpg , but still be able to have the exact measurement of the borders for the precise measurement of the incoming light angle:snells law.jpg . I think that if given a line, circle, and curved line tool, I could make just about any shape. I would also need some way to also say where is air, and where is glass. Maybe select the border type when using the line, circle, and curved line?

Does anyone know of an existing way, or a how this could be done?

Thank you for your advice,
SRTI

Sponsor:

#2 The_Neverending_Loop   Members   -  Reputation: 591

1Likes

Posted 27 July 2011 - 01:58 PM

I created something very similair to this a few years back, The way I did it was only using Lines tho,

Approximate your circles and curves with lines, the higher resolution = more lines.

Simplifying everything to lines is going to GREATLY simplify your code and application robustness, and then let Linear/Vector Algebra take it from there

#3 SRTI   Members   -  Reputation: 100

0Likes

Posted 27 July 2011 - 04:15 PM

I created something very similair to this a few years back, The way I did it was only using Lines tho,

Approximate your circles and curves with lines, the higher resolution = more lines.

Simplifying everything to lines is going to GREATLY simplify your code and application robustness, and then let Linear/Vector Algebra take it from there

Hard drive space isn't an issue, so I could have as many small lines as my laptop can take! Thanks for that great suggestion.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS