• Create Account

[DX8] library for D3DX functions

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 ArgusMaker   Members   -  Reputation: 102

0Likes

Posted 30 July 2011 - 06:06 AM

Which lib do i have to link to use d3dx functions like D3DXLoadTextureFromFileEx or D3DXGetImageInfoFromFile in DIRECTX8 ?
MSDN only gives info for dx9 or 10.

Please don't answer me to upgrade to directx9, i need to use version 8.
Thanks in advance !

Sponsor:

#2 ryan20fun   Members   -  Reputation: 733

2Likes

Posted 30 July 2011 - 07:20 AM

then can i ask, why do you need DX8 ?
Never say Never, Because Never comes too soon. - ryan20fun

Disclaimer: Each post of mine is intended as an attempt of helping and/or bringing some meaningfull insight to the topic at hand. Due to my nature, my good intentions will not always be plainly visible. I apologise in advance and assure you I mean no harm and do not intend to insult anyone.

#3 sirlemonhead   Members   -  Reputation: 184

0Likes

Posted 30 July 2011 - 07:58 AM

D3dx8.lib

#4 mhagain   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 7833

0Likes

Posted 30 July 2011 - 09:05 AM

Seconded.

You can write DX9 code targetting DX8 class hardware; just don't use any features (mostly SM2.0+ stuff) that the hardware doesn't support. There is, IMO, no reason at all for requiring DX8.

It appears that the gentleman thought C++ was extremely difficult and he was overjoyed that the machine was absorbing it; he understood that good C++ is difficult but the best C++ is well-nigh unintelligible.

#5 ArgusMaker   Members   -  Reputation: 102

0Likes

Posted 05 August 2011 - 09:49 AM

Seconded.

You can write DX9 code targetting DX8 class hardware; just don't use any features (mostly SM2.0+ stuff) that the hardware doesn't support. There is, IMO, no reason at all for requiring DX8.

Ok,ok, thank you all ;D

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS