• Create Account

front to back blending issues on Linux

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 zetwalnwar   Members   -  Reputation: 100

0Likes

Posted 02 August 2011 - 10:50 AM

Hello

I'm implementing a front to back slice volume rendering and I am having issues with blending.

Basically I should be using glBlendFunc(GL_ONE_MINUS_DST_ALPHA,GL_ONE); but it does not work while on Linux using glBlendFunc(GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA,GL_ONE); works!!! I'm also testing on macbook and glBlendFunc(GL_ONE_MINUS_DST_ALPHA,GL_ONE); works there (as it should). Also with only glBlendFunc(GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA,GL_ONE); I am having issue when the background is white!!!

Would anybody know why this could be???

Versions of OpenGL
Macbook: Opengl 2.1
Linux: Opengl 4.1

Thanks
Pascal

Sponsor:

#2 Katie   Members   -  Reputation: 1374

0Likes

Posted 02 August 2011 - 11:46 AM

"GL_ONE_MINUS_DST_ALPHA"

Is it perhaps because you have not requested an alpha buffer? And on Mac you get one by default but on Linux you don't?

#3 zetwalnwar   Members   -  Reputation: 100

0Likes

Posted 02 August 2011 - 06:15 PM

"GL_ONE_MINUS_DST_ALPHA"

Is it perhaps because you have not requested an alpha buffer? And on Mac you get one by default but on Linux you don't?

It seems so. The glGetIntegerv(GL_ALPHA_BITS, alphabits); was returning 0!!!

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS