• Create Account

FREE SOFTWARE GIVEAWAY

We have 4 x Pro Licences (valued at $59 each) for 2d modular animation software Spriter to give away in this Thursday's GDNet Direct email newsletter.

Read more in this forum topic or make sure you're signed up (from the right-hand sidebar on the homepage) and read Thursday's newsletter to get in the running!

RPG Classes Could I Get Some Help.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
12 replies to this topic

#1 crushcastles23   Validating   -  Reputation: 102

1Likes

Posted 05 August 2011 - 11:12 AM

Hello I am a aspiring flash game developer,
I am currently working on a large RPG I need classes for characters if you could help please post below and if possible could you suggest a weapon type that the class could use that would be nice.
I will keep everyone who responds up to date with release dates and you (your screen name) will be included in the "Special Thanks" section.
Thank You

Sponsor:

#2 nano511   Members   -  Reputation: 103

1Likes

Posted 05 August 2011 - 12:20 PM

classes like wizard, archer, warrior? or like wolfman, droid, dwarf?

#3 crushcastles23   Validating   -  Reputation: 102

0Likes

Posted 05 August 2011 - 05:00 PM

Thanks Really I already thought of Wizards and Warrior-esque Classes but I didnt think about the wolfman

#4 Cronnix   Members   -  Reputation: 149

0Likes

Posted 06 August 2011 - 04:18 AM

Thanks Really I already thought of Wizards and Warrior-esque Classes but I didnt think about the wolfman

I think he meant how unique classes are you looking for, rather then suggesting any :P
My projects:
Empathy
NinjaPvP

#5 crushcastles23   Validating   -  Reputation: 102

0Likes

Posted 06 August 2011 - 10:12 AM

actually i meant both

#6 Servant of the Lord   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 21166

5Likes

Posted 06 August 2011 - 11:35 AM

Just draw a triangle, put 'base classes' at each corner, and then fill in the spots between the base classes. Or, if you want to get fancy, use a hexagon or pentagon.

Observe:

Posted Image

Note that this was done in 10 - 15 minutes, so pardon some lame class connections. With more time, it could be made much better.

Also note that if you put a different class in the center, instead of warrior, you'd get different results. If I was making an ORPG, I'd actually have no class at the 'center', but make every class connect to every other class... but that would have to be described in a three dimensional way, and not easily showable on a 2D plane.

Or, remember your old grade school multiplication chart? Set up a grid like that, and "multiply" each class with each other class.

Posted Image

I think he meant how unique classes are you looking for, rather then suggesting any :P

Or rather, I think he was distinguishing between classes and races. Posted Image
It's perfectly fine to abbreviate my username to 'Servant' rather than copy+pasting it all the time.
All glory be to the Man at the right hand... On David's throne the King will reign, and the Government will rest upon His shoulders. All the earth will see the salvation of God.
Of Stranger Flames - [indie turn-based rpg set in a para-historical French colony] | Indie RPG development journal

[Fly with me on Twitter] [Google+] [My broken website]

[Need web hosting? I personally like A Small Orange]

#7 crushcastles23   Validating   -  Reputation: 102

0Likes

Posted 06 August 2011 - 06:16 PM

Wow thank you very much thats just awsome this should help a lot

#8 Ashaman73   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 8001

2Likes

Posted 11 August 2011 - 11:18 PM

Here's an additional list:
Beastmaster(whip)
Elementarist
Alchemist
Cleric(mace)
Druid(sickle)
Assassin(dagger)
Necromancer(skullscepter)
Deathknight
Berserker(dual axe)
Sorcerer
Conjurer
Warlord

#9 TechnoGoth   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2797

1Likes

Posted 12 August 2011 - 08:07 AM

You could always use more modern classes like:

Emo

Gamer

Blogger

Investigative Reporter

Out of Work Teacher

Benefit Cheat

Reality TV Star

Each class could even have its own set of stats. For instance the Blogger has a followers stat that determines the strength of their “cyber bully” and “spread ugly rumour” attacks.

#10 crushcastles 23   Members   -  Reputation: 104

0Likes

Posted 12 August 2011 - 05:53 PM

Ashman73 Awesome that's just awesome i love that those classes are great. TechnoGoth I haven't thought of that thank you for the suggestion.

#11 Casey Hardman   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2250

0Likes

Posted 12 August 2011 - 07:50 PM

You could always use more modern classes like:

Emo

Gamer

Blogger

Investigative Reporter

Out of Work Teacher

Benefit Cheat

Reality TV Star

Each class could even have its own set of stats. For instance the Blogger has a followers stat that determines the strength of their “cyber bully” and “spread ugly rumour” attacks.

Is this a rant..? It looks like a rant to me.

#12 crushcastles 23   Members   -  Reputation: 104

0Likes

Posted 14 August 2011 - 11:43 AM

Hes got a point but still thank you

#13 justdashplease   Members   -  Reputation: 98

1Likes

Posted 21 August 2011 - 08:25 PM

Truthfully....

Everything has been done.
Do anyone even use these classes?
There are generators online

I know thats what you didnt ask but there are generators online.

The key would be to change the pace of combat not for classes
But for pure roles.
Just from tropes I would......

Have a class for defense against elemental spells
Have a class for anti-healing of enemies
Have a class for critical tactics for serious damage of the enemy like airing or from the back
Have a class for a tank that shoots projectiles
Have a class for a character to wither their stats to make certain commands useable

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS