1) A damage dealer is a better farmer. He can kill faster get more gold, items, exp. If a game doesnt have exponential xp requirements then the glasscannon will have twice the level of a tank, thus more hp.
2) A glasscannon has unlimited hp: People always attack the nearest target, a glasscannon character can just stand at the back in team fights, hide in a location that prevents the enemy from spotting them, or kite the enemy with ranged attacks.Extra survivability is useless when you can just potion spam to recover full hp, or never take damage because you are ranged character. In some games tanks can still die in 1 hit from instant death, petrify, etc.
3) A damage dealer is a healer. For example you kill tryndamere in 0.35 sec with your instant cast no global cooldown leblanc macro. congratz you just
How can you tackle this problem in your rpg ?
1) How can you make hp meaningfull ?
2) I wanted to make hp stronger than damage but i havent found a way. i tried increasing the hp gained per stamina stat but battles had the same result !!!
Glasscannon : 500 stamina, 500 str.
Tank : 700 stamina, 300 str.
Example 1: 1 str causes 1 damage.
1 stamina grants 10 hp.
glasscannon(500.0,500.0) wins Tank(700.0,300) with 769.9998319149017 / 5000.0 hp ( 15.399996337890625% ) in 94 attacks.
Example 2: 1 str causes 1 damage.
1 stamina grants 1000 hp.
glasscannon(500.0,500.0,0.0,0.0,0.0) wins Tank(700.0,300.0,0.0,0.0,0.0) with 79969.98330950737 / 500000.0 hp ( 15.993996874999999% ) in 9334 attacks.
Is this strange? no matter how you "favor" hp stat, the result of the battle wont change !!! Because the tank will still deal less overall damage, and cant match against the glasscannon.
Are we forced to live in 1/1 hp world ? where hp is useless ? how can i fix this with a linear damage formula ? Do i make hp deal damage as well ?