• Create Account

[web] PayPal automated payment/withdrawl with PHP

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 polyfrag   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1841

0Likes

Posted 10 August 2011 - 03:10 PM

I have an economic game where people can purchase in-game credit and possibly make a profit.

I would like players to be withdraw money but PayPal doesn't give this option.

What can I do?

I was thinking about manually submitting the POST data to the send-money script at https://www.paypal.com/ca/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_flow but I also would need a session variable and "dispatch" (not sure what that is).

I've also heard about Money Bookers and E-Gold but haven't tried them yet.

I'd like to use PayPal if possible because more people are familiar with that.

Sponsor:

#2 Watermelon Chris   Members   -  Reputation: 104

0Likes

Posted 10 August 2011 - 03:33 PM

Withdraw money? Erm... As is with drawing money from your account to theirs? LoL that sounds kinda scarey...

Anyway you would need to look into the Paypal API, but if your not familiar with PHP I'd recommened you get someone to do it for you.

#3 polyfrag   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1841

0Likes

Posted 10 August 2011 - 03:35 PM

I don't think it's scary if you can't withdraw more money than you have on the account, and if my system checks to make sure that the player does have the request amount of credits...

And I'm very familiar with PHP.

I'll probably just use moneybookers.

#4 return0   Members   -  Reputation: 444

1Likes

Posted 10 August 2011 - 06:52 PM

You may need a gambling license.

#5 polyfrag   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1841

0Likes

Posted 10 August 2011 - 11:37 PM

Yes, I was thinking it might.

Does it still qualify as gambling if it's all deterministic? I dont even use the rand function because the client needs to stay synchronized with the server. I just send user commands from the client and world events from the server.

It's weird, I could just make this a paid game where users have to buy credits, but if I give people the ability to withdraw money it qualifies as gambling.

Does it still qualify as gambling if users can't make a profit bigger than what is circulating in the game economy?

EDIT: Question continued here http://www.gamedev.net/topic/608268-do-i-need-a-gambling-license/.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS