• Create Account

[WANTED] Dev Team for Inhumane Games to create Revolutionary Zombie FPS

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

#1 Melted_Gummybear   Members   -  Reputation: 100

Posted 11 August 2011 - 02:24 PM

Team name:
Inhumane StudiosPosted Image
Three New members have been added to the team! Please send an E-Mail or reply to the post if you are interested in helping out in our goal to make new and unique games! Thanks much. Please read the rest for an idea of our first game concept and what our team will be like in the future.
Project name:
Zombies: Fleshhold

Brief description:
The game is not currently in production, as I am currently looking for a worthy team to aid me in it's creation. The idea is to create a zombie FPS unlike any other. With modes like: Infection, Mass Extermination, and Survival Death Match, this FPS has multiplayer gameplay unlike any other zombie game. Here are some descriptions of 3 of the modes. There are more modes, but they will be discussed with the team.
Infection: In this mode, it's 8 players vs. 8 zombies in a battle to fight the infection. The human players have to make it past 4 to 6 objectives to escape the infected area into the safezone. The zombie players goal is to infect and mutate the human players before they make it to the safe zone. One player has a cure that can be used 3 times, as long as the player is only infected and not mutated. If all humans become mutated then the zombies win. If even 1 human makes it to the safezone, then the humans win. Both humans and zombies can upgrade different areas of their personal gameplay, agility, defence, strength, etc.. The player can customize their weapons, while the zombies can upgrade their abilities and attacks to help even out the odds.
Mass Extermination: The goal is simple. Kill as many zombies as possible in the given time limit. No need to worry about dying or running out of ammo. The only thing you are there to do is kill zombies with the full arsenal of weapons, vehicles, traps, etc.. The player spawns in each map with every weapon with maxed out capabilities and near every vehicle. There are many different things you can do to kill more than one zombie at once, and it's you and your teams job to kill as many of them as you can before the time limit is reached.
Survival Death Match: This mode is basically team deathmatch from other FPS games with a twist. Along side shooting the enemy team trying to get as many kills as possible. You are also being attacked by hoards of zombies. So the goal is to stay alive and defeat the other team. Both the amount of zombie kills and enemy kills average out the teams score. Because the zombies are easily killed, one shot to the head with a pistol, less points are given for the zombies. But there are awards for killing certain amounts in a game.

So as you can see, this zombie FPS is like no other with it's unique gameplay modes. Another interesting part of it is that it is placed in the year 2023 during a war, so there are many modern - futuristic weapons that you can use to annihilate the zombies, including regular weapons like the M16, M25, and the Ak47; but also including new weapons like the Heartstopper (Sends out a wave of electromagnetic pulses that kill mass amounts of zombies in moments.) The Earthquake Mine, and the Hellfire Launcher (Sends out exploding rounds filled with lava). Along with it's extreme gun choices, there are tons of fun melee weapons as well, including Scythe 2000, Steel Knuckles, and the Wrist Cutters.

Target aim:
My plan for this will be originally shareware with hopes of making it to retail stores for PS3 and XBOX360.

Compensation:
Those who help will gain the correct percentage of profits to evenly split it between all members of the team.

Technology:
Target system is PS3 and XBOX, but I plan on making it for PC first to gain enough revenue to help pay for licensing and dev-kits for the main systems. We will be using applications that I or the team members are familiar with. Unity 3D is the only game engine I can think of right now that can be used unless another team member has access to another engine. For modelling and animation 3DS Max will be used. Adobe Photoshop CS5 will be used for graphic content. Adobe Audition and Audio Performance may be used for sound. That or FrootyLoops or Audacity.

Talent needed:
Designer, Audio Editor, Programmer, Visual Artist (Both 2D and 3D would be nice), Level Designer, and Testers.

Team structure:
Me (Melted_Gummybear) Writer and Director.
David Brown: Designers and Programmer
Dennis Lane: Audio Designer and Editor

Inhumane Studios Website

Contacts:
melted_gummybear@yahoo.com/ inhumanestudios@yahoo.com

Previous Work by Team:
None

Additional Info:
The story is placed in the year 2023 during the Canada-American War. A BioChemical Super Adrenaline has been made by Canadian scientists to enhance Canadian soldiers abilities. The adrenaline morphed the soldiers DNA and turned thousands of troops into flesh-craving zombies. The outbreak spreads to both sides of the war-torn border and begins to seep it's way into the US MIlitary. You are in squad "Machinima", and it is your job to fight into Canada's MIlitary labs and try to find the scientists responsible and find the cure. Futuristic battles are sparking across Canada and the states, all the while a zombie invasion is occurring.
This game has a story mode that will captivate the players, as it seeps into the emotional reality of war and the depth of what people would go through during a zombie outbreak and war. It's filled with action, emotion, and a joke here and there. The games primary focus is the story, with the online gameplay almost as important. The story will lure in players, and the online gameplay will make them stay with the unique solo and multiplayer gameplay modes offered.

Any

Concept Art. Isn't much, but it's enough for right now, haha. This was done by me.Posted Image

Sponsor:

#2 T e c h l o r d   Members   -  Reputation: 186

Posted 12 August 2011 - 05:53 AM

Hi Melted_Gummybear,

Nice Logo.

[CONTENT REMOVED -- RECRUITING IN ANOTHER TEAM'S TOPIC IS NOT APPROPRIATE BEHAVIOUR]

otherwise, good luck
pal

Edited by jbadams, 13 August 2011 - 01:43 AM.
See in-post note.

#3 Melted_Gummybear   Members   -  Reputation: 100

Posted 12 August 2011 - 08:06 AM

I can see that you have some small and easily well thought out ideas, but I'm thinking a lot bigger and more descriptive., My game is including more game modes than posted above, there are actually about 7 unique and new multiplayer game modes that I have created. We could go about this combining our interests and ideas to one anothers games, but I'm not really looking to merge with someone else right now. I'd really like to build my own team of people who are interested in creating something new and absolutely unlike any other game. I have a few more ideas that I hope to put into action, but this one is my dream and I'm not letting it go. Good luck with your game man!

#4 Moritz P.G. Katz   Members   -  Reputation: 1053

Posted 12 August 2011 - 09:38 AM

Hi Melted_Gummybear,

Nice Logo.

[REMOVED]

otherwise, good luck
pal

That was really rude of you.

Check out my Music/Sound Design Reel on moritzpgkatz.de

#5 Mariachi   Members   -  Reputation: 176

Posted 12 August 2011 - 11:17 AM

I thought it was pretty damn hilarious, considering the situation.

"Surrender your will or be vanquished by my superior project!"
You don't read that every day on a Help Wanted board. :)

my 2D art!

~ Does your game win the Indie Project Bingo? Click to find out! ~

#6 Melted_Gummybear   Members   -  Reputation: 100

Posted 12 August 2011 - 12:38 PM

Lol. I don't really mind. Anyone interested?

#7 T e c h l o r d   Members   -  Reputation: 186

Posted 12 August 2011 - 02:58 PM

That was really rude of you. <_<

I thought it was pretty damn hilarious, considering the situation.

"Surrender your will or be vanquished by my superior project!"
You don't read that every day on a Help Wanted board. Posted Image

Lol. I don't really mind. Anyone interested?

My hat off to those with a sense of humor :cool:.

But, seriously, there are a lot of Zombie Projects. This Zombie concept resembles my own, minus the story. I can easily see rolling all of Fleshhold's Game Modes into D R I F T E R S, as it offers multiple Roles of Game Play, each with it own Modes of Play:

• The Survivor - FPS Mode
  • The Soldier - Quad Squad Tactical FPS/RTS
  • The Commander of the Dead - Top/Down RTS
  • The Supporter - Third Person RPG
I wont even mention the massive amounts of other features such as Micro-transactions S3GP provides.

I've been managing and developing S3GP for two years and its setup for collaborative development. S3GP has a small core team and a community of potential contributors. I'm motivated and dedicated, a true Survivor. The bottomline: its easier for Melted_Gummybear to join my band, or watch his dream zombie game get buried under the hordes of other Help Wanted: Yet Another Zombie Game posts.

#8 Melted_Gummybear   Members   -  Reputation: 100

Posted 12 August 2011 - 05:56 PM

This isn't just another zombie game. Just because it offers multiple gameplay modes doesn't mean that it's like any other. The information that I posted isn't nearly half of the ideas and concepts of my game. This game idea is inventive, new, and unique. I don't have all of it put down to keep the entirety of the game mine, rather than giving a more currently capable team ideas. This game is my vision, and my idea, and I'm gonna do everything in my power to make it happen. My idea will change the way people look at zombie games. I promise you that.

#9 Melted_Gummybear   Members   -  Reputation: 100

Posted 12 August 2011 - 06:03 PM

See.. If your game is the way I vision my game, or you will allow it to be that way, I will gladly join your group. But I'm not sure how close your vision is to mine. I don't want this game strictly to be online gameplay. I want it to show the reality of a zombie invasion and really give the players something captivating and emotional, along with great gameplay and new ideas. If you will allow your game to settle with my ideas, awesome. If not, no.

#10 Melted_Gummybear   Members   -  Reputation: 100

Posted 12 August 2011 - 06:12 PM

Hi Melted_Gummybear,

Nice Logo.

However, I'm sorry to bust your bubble because I'm creating the ultimate Zombie FPS Game unlike any other! Complete with Modular Character, Sci-Fi Weapon & Vehicle Customizing System, Zombie Destruction/Non-Humanoid Golem Construction System, and User Created Missions Tools. To pull it off, one needs a revolutionary Super 3D Game Platform which I also happen to be developing. Thus, you are faced with two options:

• Join the ultimate team (mine) with Engine, Tools, and Game in production. Mibbit[webirc] Channel: #S3GP
  • Goto 1

otherwise, good luck
pal

Read your OP btw.
This sounds almost exactly like Dead Island. Also, I'm not all that interested in an RPG. I'm not the biggest fan of an entirely open world environment. It seems as if you've combined ideas from different zombie games rather than creating your own ideas like I did... Just saying..

#11 T e c h l o r d   Members   -  Reputation: 186

Posted 12 August 2011 - 11:47 PM

See.. If your game is the way I vision my game, or you will allow it to be that way, I will gladly join your group. But I'm not sure how close your vision is to mine. I don't want this game strictly to be online gameplay

That's unfortunate. Just realize no one wants to help you create just your game. Contributors desire some of their ideas to be included in the game they help to create, so your going to have to compromise. My project is moving fast, and so far yours is shambling. Kill the ego. Dont let your dream game die off and become undead-ware because you're not willing to work with others. Isn't getting help the purpose for this post?

Read your OP btw.
This sounds almost exactly like Dead Island. Also, I'm not all that interested in an RPG. I'm not the biggest fan of an entirely open world environment. It seems as if you've combined ideas from different zombie games rather than creating your own ideas like I did... Just saying..

My intention wasn't to attack you, but, if you have any brains, you would realize there are no Sci Weapons in Dead Island. Dead Island is centered on the challenge of survival on a zombie-infested island with a major emphasis on melee combat. Additionally, the Golem Construction System procedurally constructs various Zombie Monsters, and its not available in any Zombie game to date. To be painfully truthful with you, you haven't presented anything revolutionary, just a few so called Game Modes I've already assimilated in D R I F T E R as Missions.

You are obviously not prepared for the Zombie Apocalypse, good day sir!

#12 jbadams   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 19384

Posted 13 August 2011 - 01:47 AM

[...]

Knock it off -- attempting to recruit within someone else's topic is rude, and not very appropriate -- and continuing as you have done after the OP was obviously not interested in your first post is really not on.

Please stick to your own topic in future. If you wish to propose a merger that's fine, but you can do it with one post rather than dragging things out as you've done here, or you could take it up via private channels.

Please keep this topic on-topic from this point onwards.

#13 T e c h l o r d   Members   -  Reputation: 186

Posted 13 August 2011 - 03:33 AM

[...]

Knock it off -- attempting to recruit within someone else's topic is rude, and not very appropriate -- and continuing as you have done after the OP was obviously not interested in your first post is really not on.

Please stick to your own topic in future. If you wish to propose a merger that's fine, but you can do it with one post rather than dragging things out as you've done here, or you could take it up via private channels.

Please keep this topic on-topic from this point onwards.

My apologies to the OP and I'll quit with the Zombie innuendo. Once again, Good Luck to you.

#14 Melted_Gummybear   Members   -  Reputation: 100

Posted 13 August 2011 - 04:03 AM

3 members have been added to the group! More programmers, coders, artists, and designers are still needed! E-mail or reply if you are interested. Thank you very much.

#15 Melted_Gummybear   Members   -  Reputation: 100

Posted 13 August 2011 - 09:11 PM

Concept Art Added.

#16 FlameTheLoner   Members   -  Reputation: 100

Posted 14 August 2011 - 11:24 AM

What exactly do you want the Designer to do? Can you PM me with a bit more detail?

#17 jbadams   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 19384

Posted 17 August 2011 - 01:07 AM

Topic closed at the request of the original poster.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS